Freelance Copyeditors (Washington, DC)
• are news- and web-savvy, with knowledge of AP style
• have reliable computers and dependable broadband internet access
• can commit to a regular on-call editing window of up to 5 hours during EST business hours and/or can pick up quick-turnaround items after EST business hours
• are willing to sign a confidentiality agreement
In addition to excellent editorial judgment and superior copyediting chops, we need people who are:
• skilled at collaborating with project managers, editors or social media journalists--and comfortable doing so by email, chat and/or phone
• experienced with browser-based content management systems (WordPress, Drupal) and online editorial conventions
• familiar with, or open to using, online collaboration tools (such as Editorially, Draft, Penflip and Kapost)
• proficient at change tracking in MS Word
• familiarity with/willingness to learn Markdown and/or basic HTML markup is a major plus.
Tell us more about yourself, your experiences editing online copy and your skills and capabilities.
Please visit http://mcmurrytmg.com > Careers to check out open positions across all our locations. Select the position you wish to apply to and submit your cover letter and resume.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers