compensation: depends on experience employment type: employee's choice
QR Code Link to This Post
A growing CPA accounting firm(in Northern VA) has an immediate need for an experienced Accountant with strong Government Contracting and Grant experience to join the practice. This person would primarily WORK AT OUR CLIENT'S OFFICES IN DC METRO area. We need someone asap, so please apply as soon as possible. Interviews this week. Government grant and contract accounting experience is a MUST.
Qualified candidates will possess an Accounting degree, and have a minimum of 3-5 years of accounting/Quickbooks/QuickBooks online experience. Must be detail-oriented, a self-starter, and possess excellent computer, analytical, and communication skills. We are looking for a seasoned professional who has the ability to work independently at client sites and can build solid client relationships to help them reach their financial goals.
Since this person would be working independently at client sites, they must be self-sufficient with thorough accounting knowledge. There would be the possibility of telecommuting 1-2 days a week.
- Develop an understanding of a client's business and become a "functional expert" in the area.
- Going to client offices and doing all accounting work there - Financial statements, bookkeeping, payroll, cost accounting, project accounting, and monthly closings.
- Prepare all necessary financial statements, related disclosures, with an eye on quality, thoroughness, and accuracy.
- Utilize proactive, effective communication with management, staff, and clients.
- Pledge to provide exceptional service to every client by providing individual attention, responsiveness, and commitment to understanding their goals and needs.
- Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality, and personal conduct.
- Strong Government Grant and contracting accounting experience are required.
- Extensive QuickBooks knowledge required. At least 5 years.
- Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results-driven team-oriented environment.
- Strong computer and technical skills including, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, QuickBooks, any Government contracting software like Deltek, Unanet, etc.
IMPORTANT: Please reply with a cover letter, resume and expected hourly rate.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers