International non-profit organization is looking for a part time Accounting Assistant to support the finance and compliance department. Organization is mission-driven with a passion for service so an interest in development, corporate social responsibility, and/or charitable giving is key!
- Support the ongoing Finance functions of the organization by ensuring financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely while working with other members of the Finance Team to ensure all processing and reporting deadlines are achieved consistently.
- Maintain the general ledger of an automated accounting system by inputting and verifying data.
- Reconcile all bank account activity to the general ledgers and submit to the Director of Finance & Compliance for approval.
- Receive and organize all contribution-related documentation (i.e., gift forms). Any contributions needing additional approval. Obtain from Compliance Officer that all documentation and donor vetting is complete prior to processing contributions.
- Ensure that fee schedules are properly associated with each contribution and fund.
- Handle questions and issues relating to contributions received to ensure timely processing of contributions.
- Receive and review vendor invoices to ensure correct amounts and payment authorization and account coding.
- Enter Accounts Payable transactions into financial database and forward batch report to Financial Compliance Officer for review and release of payments.
- Correspond with vendors on issues pertaining to invoice payments and coordinate with staff to resolve any questions relating to vendor payments.
- Support Finance /Compliance Team and other staff on special projects, as necessary and appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree (in a relevant field) along with 5+ years of related experience (Finance, Accounting, International Development, etc).
- Experience with automated finance systems is preferred.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers