compensation: Based on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Spexus, founded in 1988, is a small business headquartered in McLean, Virginia. We provide Systems Integration (SI) and IT consulting services to the Federal and Commercial markets.
Our services include:
Program Management Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence
Applications Development Systems/Network Integration
Information Security Systems Analysis
Duties and Responsibilities:
Spexus is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant to join our accounting team. This position performs various accounting and reporting activities that are essential to ensuring the accuracy of accounts so that important business decisions can be made.
This position will be responsible for:
- Recording vendor bills, vendor payments, vendor reconciliations.
- Recording invoices, customer deposits.
- Bank reconciliations on monthly basis.
- Coding and Recording transactions in QuickBooks and Deltek.
- Generating reports and other accounting duties as assigned.
- Preserving company and employee confidentiality.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent
- 3-6 years of accounting experience.
- Deltek GCS Proficiency, with CostPoint required.
- Proficiency with MS Excel and QuickBooks desktop.
- Knowledge of Business tax returns preparation will be a great plus.
- Good understanding of financial statements.
- Positive attitude and ability to work in team environment and meet deadlines. No lollygagging allowed.
- Personal integrity and ability to handle sensitive business and personal information.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Government accounting experience a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Business with a major in Accounting
The primary work location is in Tyson’s Corner, Virginia. There will be some travel to Columbia, Maryland – typically one day per week. Mileage will be compensated.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers