compensation: Commensurate with experience employment type: full-time internship non-profit organization relocation assistance available
QR Code Link to This Post
Staff Accountant / Tax Accountant
A fast growing CPA firm based in the Lanham area, MD has an immediate opening for an energetic, intelligent and highly motivated Staff Accountant/Tax Accountant join the Accounting & Tax team.
This position will oversee and maintain all day-to-day accounting operations including preparing accurate tax returns for individual and small business tax returns (1120, 1120S, 1065), cash management, expense control and analysis, establishing effective processes, procedures and controls. The right candidate will be a reliable, friendly person with a steady work history that is organized, detail-oriented, multi-tasking and comfortable working in a small office environment. The candidate must uphold the highest ethical standards, capable of quickly learning, applying new skills and the ability to find creative solutions for problem solving.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain financial records in compliance with all federal, state, and industry requirements.
• Directly prepare the client's Federal & State tax returns, based upon the information and answers provided on the client's answers intake form.
• Timely review all returns for tax and technical accuracy before the returns are provided to the clients or electronically transmitted.
• Maintain accounts receivables and clients relationships.
• Prepare proposals, invoices from contracts, cost tracking and analysis.
• Maintain accounts receivable and collections.
• Prepare journal entries and maintain general ledger.
• Prepare daily cash reconciliations.
• Bank and credit card reconciliations.
• Prepare financial analysis reports accurately and timely.
• Maintain spreadsheets and logs.
• Prepare annual budgets and cash flow projection schedules.
• Generate new business opportunities for the company.
• Oversee maintenance of records for fixed assets.
• Prepare all external documents required by regulations or standards.
• Maintain banking and other financial relationships.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in an accounting management role.
• Strong experience in generating business opportunities.
• In-depth experience in QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions or similar ERP accounting software.
• Proficient in MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Excellent written communication skills and strong commitment to helping others.
• Must present a professional demeanor, diplomacy, and team player.
• Must have a forward-thinking approach and be accountable for their performance.
• Demonstrated ability to handle information involving sensitivity, confidentiality and legal exposure.
Please submit a PDF version of your resume and cover letter with salary requirements for consideration via email with "Staff Accountant" in the subject line.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers