QR Code Link to This Post
Our mid-sized law firm is seeking an Accounting Assistant to provide accounting support, perform data-entry duties and ensure accuracy of financial records. This position performs various accounting and reporting activities that are essential to ensure the accuracy of accounts so that important business decisions can be made. This position works closely with our Personal Injury department and the ideal candidate will have experience working in the Personal Injury practice area.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain up-to-date AR and AP files and records.
• Use QuickBooks to enter vendors invoices into payables.
• Reconcile vendor statements and resolve issues.
• Monitor customer account details for non-payments and delayed payments.
• Assist in AR data entry.
• Maintain accurate files and documentation in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting principles.
• Additional duties as requested.
Education and Experience
• Associate's degree in accounting or 2 years of general accounting experience.
• Knowledge of accounts receivable and accounts payable processes.
• Working knowledge of QuickBooks, Excel and other MS Office applications.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to produce accurate work in a fast-paced environment.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Customer service skills.