A small, local residential construction firm based in Capitol Hill and serving mainly the NE and SE sides of town is seeking a part-time Bookkeeper (20 hours a week) or Fulltime Bookkeeper/Office Assistant (40 hours a week)
QR Code Link to This Post
Must have excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office and QuickBooks is a MUST), Self-motivated, eager to succeed, and determined candidates will be best suited for this position. Experience in residential construction bookkeeping through QuickBooks is a plus.
The Bookkeeper reports to the Business Manager. The Bookkeeper will maintain proper and legible records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions.
Bookkeeper Job Duties:
• Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
• Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
• Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
• Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
• Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
• Maintains historical records by filing documents.
• Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualifications should include:
• Proficient in QuickBooks required
• At least a year of bookkeeping experience
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment but also keep busy during slower times
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Applying for Position:
Please respond to this advertisement with a resume and references.
Position starts immediately, needed ASAP.