Bookkeeper/Office Assistant - Part Time (Glover Park/Woodley Park)
Massachusetts Avenue NW near 36th Street NW
compensation: $25 per hour - DOE - Part-time employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Responsible for handling all financial transactions for the Cathedral’s many programs and activities using QuickBooks.
• Maintain the Cathedral’s books and records using QuickBooks, Transaction Pro (moves data in and out of QB for Faith Direct)
• Enter transactions into A/P and make disbursements
• Record deposit transactions from various electronic sources
• Make check and cash deposits
• Update Steward records as appropriate
• Reconcile Fund activity monthly
• Process bi-weekly payroll (Perform all payroll responsibilities)
• Oversees year-end statements, end of year personnel tax statements, 1099 statements, automated giving, bank and credit card reconciliations.
• Produce financial reports and distribute to Parish Council officers
• Support ad hoc analysis as requested
• Support the annual budgeting process
• Maintain a proper cash flow control to meet obligations
• Work with the Audit Committee and independent Certified Public Accountant to conduct audits and reviews of the Church's financial statements.
• Completes any other duties as may be assigned.
• Answer phone as needed
• Interact with visitors to the Cathedral office in a courteous and professional manner
• Assist office with visitor that want to see the Cathedral and facilities
• Assist Cathedral Administrator with postal mailings
• Distribute the mail
• Assist in processing all church raffles.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, management, accounting. May substitute an Associate degree if 5 plus years of experience
• Minimum of three years of previous experience in accounting or finance in a professional environment
• Strong computer skills including Intermediate to Advanced capabilities in Excel (including ability to generate pivot tables, analytics on large quantities of data), QuickBooks
• Strong skills in oral and written communications, project management and organization, and interpersonal capabilities
• Strong skills in oral and written communications, organization, and interpersonal capabilities
• Strong attention to detail
• Self-starter who can work independently with minimal oversight.
• Professional, positive, and polished demeanor and attitude.
• High moral fiber and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Reports directly to Cathedral Administrator and the Parish Council Treasurer(s)
• Salary commensurate with experience and education.
• The position is part-time, Tuesday through Friday, averaging five to six hours per day. Remote work possible after an evaluation period
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers