ICNL is seeking a Finance Associate to support ICNL’s finance team in the financial management of our programs. ICNL works to advance civil society, philanthropy, and human rights in over 100 countries. This position is a great opportunity to work with an international organization. The role involves working with a Senior Program Financial Analyst and program staff on financial reporting and budgeting. The position is full-time and based in our Washington, DC office. The Finance Associate reports to ICNL’s Finance Director.
Illustrative responsibilities include:
• Working closely with the Senior Program Financial Analyst in preparing cost proposal budgets.
• Assisting the Senior Program Financial Analyst with preparation of monthly budget vs. actual reports, forecasting reports, and reconciliation of program ledgers.
• Working with program teams to review actual vs. forecast spending analyses, maintain monthly spending projections, and monitor grant obligations and balances.
• Preparing financial reports and cash requests to funders, including draws on letters of credit.
• Assisting with the review of draft funding agreements and maintaining grant and contract files in compliance with organizational and funder policies.
• Assisting the Senior Program Financial Analyst in the preparation of ICNL’s annual budget.
• Assisting with other Finance Office duties, such as the annual audit, and other duties as assigned by the Finance Director.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, financial management, or a related field.
• Minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience in nonprofit accounting or finance field.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to create, update, and maintain financial reports in Excel.
• Experience with budgeting and accounting software preferred (Adaptive/Workday, Abila MIP).
• Superior administrative and organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and meet deadlines.
• Flexible, energetic, and proactive.
• Excellent English writing and communication skills.
• Experience working in multinational teams and on complex projects preferred.
• Familiarity with US Government grant rules and regulations is a plus.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until December 6, 2021. Please send a cover letter and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should state “Finance Associate.” Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls or emails to ICNL staff, please. ICNL is an equal opportunity employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers