compensation: $65K+ and excellent benefits. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
A boutique DC law firm is seeking a Billing Specialist to join their positive, progressive and collegial staff. Great work environment, great group of people. You can expect realistic work/life balance in this family friendly firm. This position has varied responsibilities including attorney billings and other accounting duties, as well as assisting the Office Manager with special projects.
Essential Job Functions:
· Compiles and bills attorney hours to clients every month.
· Reviews and edits pre-bills
· Apply retainer funds
· Process write-offs
· Execute complex bills in a timely manner
· Ability to effectively interact and communicate with staff and clients
· Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required
· Create final client billing
· Create and distribute monthly reports
· Performs internal conflict checks
· Maintains Firm billing policies
· Utilizes computerized accounting and payables software (PC Law is helpful!)
Education, Experience and Skills:
• College level accounting, Accounting Degree or 5+ years hands-on law firm billing
• Accounting software experience preferred
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize A MUST!!!!!!
• Ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently Ability to show strong attention to detail
• Positive attitude!
• Attention to detail IS HUGE!!
• Initiative and ability to think outside the box
o Communication is key for this position and a daily task list is a must.
o Team player mentality
o Must exhibit a pleasant and welcoming demeanor both in person and on the telephone
o Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands
o Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction, follow up on own initiative and complete project assignments independently and on‐time
If you are qualified and interested in this terrific, career growth opportunity, please send us your resume. Thank you.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers