compensation: $70K+ and excellent benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Great opportunity for an experienced Payroll Tax Compliance Analyst who is interested in working for a government contractor (USAID) whose international development work positively impacts communities globally. The mission is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives. Work for a company that makes a difference! Must have experience with USAID regulations.
The Payroll Tax Compliance Analyst is responsible for the day to day payroll tax activities including the timely and accurate completion of monthly, quarterly and annual federal, state and local payroll tax deposits, annual returns and amendments. The Payroll Tax Compliance Analyst ensures payroll tax activities are in compliance with all applicable regulations and works closely with the Payroll and Tax Compliance team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for the day to day execution of all payroll tax activities including compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
Work closely with the Finance and Admin and Payroll team to process and set up payroll deductions, uploads changes/corrections to employee records prior to payroll preview semi-monthly and monthly.
Work with Finance and Admin and Payroll to upload deduction requests to clear employee Vendor cards.
Manage the process to ensure external accounting firm foreign tax differential calculations are done promptly and accurately.
Manage cash distribution process for staff to receive cash in the field.
Correct any errors that appear on the ADP error report when the payroll preview is returned from ADP.
Perform quarterly reconciliation of the 941 forms as well as year-end W-2 forms and ensure all quarterly and year-end filings are prepared and submitted.
Performs audits of the setup of employee work/live state for tax withholding and unemployment insurance purposes.
Audits and ensures proper setup and maintenance of employee local withholding codes.
Ensures employee Social Security taxes are accurate for transfers from Home Office to Field Offices positions to avoid over payment.
Work closely with Payroll and Tax Compliance Manager to make corrections and issues W-2C s when needed.
Works with Payroll and Tax Compliance Manager to set up special payroll runs with ADP when needed to accommodate changes or special payment requests.
Files all appropriate payroll state mandated filings and monitors filings for updates or changes on time.
Conducts quarterly review of employee data set up in system and correct any issues including all communication and development of procedures going forward.
Responds to questions and special requests promptly from employees and regulatory agencies in researching laws and regulations regarding taxes and payroll withholding.
Ensures proper reconciliation of benefits deductions, compensation, and applicant/employee data are performed appropriately and timely.
Respond to tax notices, wage orders, and governmental correspondences.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum of 5 years in payroll and tax work related issues.
· Demonstrated knowledge of United States local, state, and federal payroll tax laws, regulations, and compliance requirements; experience working with expatriates and third country nationals strongly preferred.
· Significant experience with multi-state payroll tax
· Strong knowledge and experience operating payroll and human resource management systems (HRMS); ADP systems knowledge preferred.
· Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and USAID rules and regulations in relation to tax compliance preferred.
· Proven ability to solve technical tax and payroll systems issues in a timely manner.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate complex payroll tax information to all levels of the company.
· Ability to develop long and short-term improvements in processes and systems to ensure timely service delivery to employees.
· Strong knowledge of MS Office applications; proficiency in Excel required; Access preferred.
· Excellent organizational, prioritization and attention to detail skills.
If you are interested in joining this highly-respected, mission-oriented organization, please apply today! Thanks.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers