Cordia Resources is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team in Washington, DC.
Senior Accountant Job Responsibilities:
• Prepares day-to-day and month-end close entries including revenue, payroll, prepaid expenses, unbilled accounts receivable, and accrued liabilities.
• Prepares complex reconciliations for necessary balance sheet accounts, various other general ledger accounts, and budget to actual variance analysis.
• Assists with the month-end and year-end closing process.
• Develops and maintains an understanding of the accounting operations within each assigned client. Obtains a working knowledge of the client’s accounting software packages. Responsible for recommending and enforcing the internal controls, policies, and procedures established by the client.
• Assists external auditors and tax accountants at year-end with preparing schedules, providing explanations of supporting materials and procedures, and preparing any other necessary data.
• Assists in the preparation of the client’s year-end 1099 submissions.
• Recommends, designs, and implements any necessary department controls and procedures.
• Interacts with the client as needed.
• Supervisory responsibilities include:
o Reviews and supervises staff accountant’s monthly work, including but not limited to, journal entries, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
o Coaches and mentors Staff Accountants through project management
o Disburses client requests to team members to manage deadlines
• Assists with annual budget preparation and support.
Senior Accountant Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (Required)
• Utmost discretion, strong ethics
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the accounting field
• Strong understanding of Accounting Principles, knowledge of GAAP
• Advanced understanding of general and subsidiary ledgers and financial statements
• Understanding of key not-for-profit concepts, such as Net Assets, Functional Expenses, SEFA reporting, etc.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Extremely detail orientated with strong analytical skills
• Good time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple initiatives and client requirements
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment
Optional Desired Skills:
• CPA license preferred
• Intacct or Great Plains Accounting System
• QuickBooks Accounting System
• Project Accounting experience
• Experience with Positive Pay
• Experience processing and reviewing payroll
• Experience with Bill.com or similar system
• Supervisory experience
• Experience as an auditor
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers