What is Rinse?
Rinse (www.rinse.com) is a rapidly growing dry cleaning and laundry delivery startup serving many cities! Our delivery valets pick up bags of laundry from our customers, and deliver clean clothing from our warehouse to our customers' doors.
Rinse is building the first and largest national, and eventually global, brand in clothing care. We're taking on a massive consumer problem and creating a significantly better dry cleaning and laundry experience through the combination of "smart scheduling" and best-in-class quality, all supported by a strong technology backbone.
We launched in 2013 and are currently in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., Chicago, and Boston. We've grown at double-digit month-over-month rates since launch, have created a differentiated service our customers love, and have a model where the economics actually work.
Rinse is backed by a group of leading VCs and CEOs who see the massive potential in what we are doing and know we are the team to do it. We are looking for stars to join our team and can’t wait to hear from you.
About the Role...
As a member of the Field Operations team, you will play a foundational role in both the Washington DC metro area supply chain, as well as establishing new processes and protocol company-wide. This role will also be fundamental in the expansion of our Washington DC operations. The role will begin in our Washington DC warehouse (near the Rhode Island Metro Station), and move permanently to Alexandria, VA in the coming weeks.
In this role, you will...
- Handle inventory and quality control measures for all orders that are designated to your area of service.
- Assist with creating routes and overseeing dispatch and coordination for Valets (drivers) in your area of service.
- Provide support and training for other field operators.
- Drive our truck between vendors in Northern Virginia and our delivery team's meet up location in Washington DC and run mobile dispatch from the truck in Washington DC.
- Communicate with our valets while they are delivering orders between 8-10pm to customers to ensure efficient and timely route completion.
- Capture task data as necessary and provide process-enhancing feedback on daily activities.
- Be cross trained in other areas of the operation and have the opportunity to grow with the company.
As the ideal candidate, you...
- Breathe our core values of Taking Ownership, Respect, Honesty, and Working to Delight and Amaze our Customers.
- Thrive in the face of ambiguity, set the direction for others, and are able to be effective in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Are able to be on your feet for a majority of your shift, lifting up to 50 pounds and keeping yourself in constant motion.
- Are physically able to work in a remote location and are comfortable working with equipment on or around trucks.
- Comfortable with driving trucks up to 16 ft in length. Training will be provided and no CDL (Commercial Driver's License) required.
- Are able to work 30 hours per week evening shifts from 4pm to 12am and at least 1 weekend day consistently.
- Are able to occasionally fill daytime shifts should the need arise
- Understand how to use technology, including desktop and mobile tools for inventory and quality control.
- Have your own reliable transportation to and from Alexandria, VA
- Have at least an Associate's Degree or 1-2 years of relevant operations leadership experience.
You’ll Love Working at Rinse Because…
- We've built a high-caliber team and have a tight-knit, collaborative work environment that values honesty and open communication.
- You'll take pride in creating interesting and impactful work at a promising startup that you would be proud to tell your mom about!
- We offer competitive compensation and stock options, in addition to great benefits, including health insurance, a flexible vacation policy, flexible work and office hours, and quarterly Rinse credit toward laundry/dry cleaning!
- Shifts begin and end in Alexandria, Virginia - parking is available on site.
Hours are in the evening. No previous experience as a transportation driver, truck driver, taxi driver, courier driver or delivery driver is necessary. We welcome those who have operations experience with other peer-to-peer ridesharing networks such as Uber, Lime, Bird, Postmates, Caviar, Shyp, Luxe. If you are an account manager, accountant, accounting, actor, actress, admin, administrative, administrative assistant, barista, bus boy, busboy, busser, cab driver, cab-driver, chauffeur, cleaner, cleaners, clerical, coffee, college student, construction, contract worker, customer service, customer service agent, delivery driver, designer, education, entry level, entry-level, expo, finance, food runner, food-runner, foodrunner, full time, full-time, health care, healthcare, host, hostess, hosts, human resources, human-resources, intern, interns, IT, limo driver, maid, maintenance, management, manager, manufacturing, marketing, messenger, network marketing, nurse, office, part time, part-time, private hire driver, receptionist, receptionists, restaurant, retail, retail associate, sales, sales person, salesperson, server, servers, teacher, teachers, valet, valets, waiter, waiters, waitresses, warehouse, worker, who is looking for a flexible part time or seasonal job, you should try driving with Rinse to supplement your income!.