compensation: $17 dependent on experience employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Administrative Assistant Needed ASAP!
DC Law and Property Development Office
$17 per hour, up to 35 hours/week! (WE OFFER FLEXIBLE SCHEDULING!)
We are looking for a detail-oriented, adaptable, part-time Administrative Assistant to support a multifunctional office in property development, law, and event production. The ideal candidate will be available to start immediately. You will be working directly under the office CEO to ensure the efficient operation of the office. Responsibilities include administrative support through a variety of tasks, event and project planning, file organization, some writing and data entry, office communication, and scheduling. You will be involved in upcoming projects as well as assisting with current campaigns.
The Offices of Thomas A. Hart, Esq. and T Street Development, LLC provide an array of services to clients, providing an opportunity for the right candidate to build valuable professional administrative skills. This position is within a small office under transition, presenting the opportunity to take on enhanced responsibility and lead projects over time.
A successful candidate will be able to:
• Communicate effectively and professionally via phone and email
• Manage multiple tasks at once, ensuring that all duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
• Work independently, relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Stay organized, implementing organizational processes to ensure the office runs smoothly
• Write and edit with attention to detail, ensuring that written correspondence and documents are accurate and appropriate before they are distributed outside the office
• Learn new skills and quickly orient to project/office goals and needs.
• Maintain flexibility and a “can-do” attitude
• Oversee front desk operations, including answering and directing all phone calls and email correspondence and provide general customer service to clients/visitors
• Oversee office meeting calendar, including organizing and scheduling meetings/appointments with clients and updating the CEO’s schedule
• Maintain and digitize contact lists
• Produce, edit and distribute correspondence memos, letters, and forms
• Assist in the preparation of written reports and documents under supervision as needed
• Develop and maintain the office filing system
• Prepare the monitor invoices
• Perform research on projects at supervisor’s request
• Assist with event planning and logistics as needed (may include occasional events off-site)
• Other administrative tasks, including office file organization, minor data entry, etc
• Other duties as assigned
• Maintaining and promoting events on the office’s social media platforms
• Carry out miscellaneous administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, scanning, mail receipt, etc.
• Take accurate minutes of meetings and conference calls
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Gmail
• Proven admin or assistant experience (or demonstrated transferrable skills)
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills
Serious applicants should send a resume/CV and cover letter to Thomas Hart
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers