Assistant Construction Site Project Manager (Washington DC)
compensation: $17 per hour employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Assistant Site Project Manager:
We are seeking a knowledgeable and enthusiastic go getter to join our team. As an Assistant Site Project Manager, you will report to the Project Manager. Your duties will include negotiating subcontractor agreements, ensuring that project deadlines are met, relaying important instructions to the construction team.
You should demonstrate extensive experience in managing construction project resources and budgets under the supervision of senior managers. Outstanding Assistant Site Managers are proactive in avoiding construction delays and unnecessary expenses.
Assistant Site Manager Responsibilities:
* Reporting to the Project Manager.
* Ensuring that requirements, as specified by the client and senior management, are met.
* Monitoring labor, building material, and equipment budgets and curbing unnecessary expenses.
* Supervising on-site construction work and relaying instructions from senior project managers.
* Reporting any concerns that might negatively impact projected cost and time estimates.
* Procuring materials, labor, and equipment, as well as third-party subcontractors and suppliers.
* Preparing work schedules and sequencing onsite tasks.
* Collaborating with other construction project stakeholders as required.
* Ensuring that construction industry safety regulations are followed.
* Able to do light physical labor
Assistant Site Manager Requirements:
* At least a high school diploma.
* 1-3 years’ experience in managing construction projects.
* Exceptional ability to monitor construction project budgets and deadlines.
* Proficiency in recordkeeping and electronic project management systems.
* Experience in relaying detailed instructions to onsite construction teams.
* Advanced negotiation skills to procure cost-effective subcontractors and suppliers.
* Ability to closely collaborate with other construction project stakeholders.
* Extensive experience in a deadline-driven environment.
* Knowledge of construction industry safety regulations.
* Excellent communication skills.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers