compensation: Salary and benefits are competitive and based on knowledge and experience. employment type: full-time telecommuting okay
QR Code Link to This Post
BACKGROUND: Durabook Federal, Inc. (DBF) is the sales, marketing, distribution, and service arm of Twinhead International Corporation (TIC), an OEM publicly traded on the Taiwan Stock Exchange that manufactures rugged mobile computers, for the Federal market. DBF is expanding our presence in the Federal sector and looking for qualified individuals to join our growing team.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Director of Operations will report to the President of DBF will have primary responsibility for ensuring the daily operations of DBF run smoothly and efficiently. The individual appointed to this position will be responsible for managing the entire order fulfillment process including placing POs with suppliers/subcontractors for products & services and delivering them to customers. He/she will also be responsible for assisting and advising the team to develop responses to inquiries and requests for quotes/bids/pricing information from customers and partners. In the course of carrying his/her duties, the individual appointed to this position will help direct the effort to serve the needs of our end customers and DBF channel resellers.
• Define, implement and revise operational policies and guidelines for the organization
• Execute sales fulfillment responsibilities through engagement with TIC, vendors, and partners to achieve on-time deliveries. Provide inventory forecasts to TIC, manage stocking positions (internal and at the distributor), and monitor lead times for incoming shipments from the factory.
• Manage relationships with our distribution partners and serve as the primary POC for order placement and fulfillment.
• Keep DBF Sales and Management teams abreast of any pricing and supply chain issues that have an impact on the business.
• Analyze material, service, overhead and warranty costs to prepare a Standard Price List for the DBF Sales Team (to include standard distribution and reseller pricing), and review/update on a quarterly basis.
• Provide bid pricing support to the DBF sales team for strategic opportunities.
• Regularly audit the DBF inventory database to ensure accurate product descriptions and part numbers. Notify the Product Management team of any irregularities or discrepancies and provide feedback/instruction to correct errors.
• Observe, analyze, “connect the dots”, and take all actions necessary to maintain close working relationships with industry partners including OEMs, distributors, resellers, and service providers toward the ultimate objective of increasing market share.
• Compile and present various periodic reports to senior management. At the same time, analyze, synthesize, and connect data from such reports into actionable plans to improve corporate profitability, maximize staff productivity, and increase organizational efficiency.
• Interact with key personnel to develop financial plans and ensure company-wide compliance
• Articulate your own vision, points of views, arguments, processes, procedures, instructions, etc. related to the execution of the duties listed above.
• Assist with the creation of job descriptions, hire competent personnel and oversee employee training programs
• Work with the Admin personnel to develop and implement staff evaluations
• Must be able to work from the home or office (as needed) on a full time basis, maintain consistent office schedule, and willing to travel on occasion as business needs arise.
• Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task on a sustained basis.
• Must be able to project an image (through demeanor, dress, verbal and written communication, etc.) that warrants respect and deference from others
• Strong interpersonal networking skills to build relationships with individuals with diverse personalities and cultural backgrounds.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiating skills.
• Strong knowledge of hardware and software products relevant to our market niche as well as computer technologies in general.
• Thorough proficiency with the MS Office Suite, especially Excel, is required.
• Thoroughly familiar with sales practices employed in the computer industry with focus on the public sector.
• Must have general knowledge of the FAR/DFAR and Government/DOD procurement practices.
• Excellent price quote development skills.
• Minimum of five years of experience in sales to the public sector as well as selling to reseller partners.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, science, or engineering.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain the full listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
•Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
•do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers