compensation: $24K - $40K annualized salary. Based on education and experience. employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Bridges mission is to provide an exemplary educational program that includes students with special needs. Our developmentally appropriate, student and family-centered educational approach nurtures students to expand their developmental skills, in order to build a foundation for life-long learning.
Bridges is seeking passionate Dedicated Aide for Health Supports to support students with special needs in our inclusion and non-categorical self-contained classrooms. The dedicated aid will assist with specialized instruction and related daily living services for students in grades Pre-K3 -- 5th grade with emotional disorders, autism, pervasive developmental disorder (PDD), developmental delays in one or more areas, intense behavioral challenges, multiple learning problems, and other related disorders, This is a 10 month position.
Bridges classrooms are rooted in the principals of ABA/VB to guide instruction and classroom management. Supervision is provided to all teaching team members by a certified BCBA practitioner. ABA or VB experience is desired but not necessary to apply for the position. Training in classroom based ABA and VB will be provided.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a High School Diploma, a High School Diploma & passed the ParaPro Exam, AA or 60 credits hours, BA or MA.
• Have a Certified Nursing Assistant credential and/or coursework in health services required.
• Experience working in special education and/or with individuals with physical and health care needs strongly preferred.
• Have prior work or volunteer experience with children or students with special health needs.
• Be committed to meeting the needs of a diverse student population.
• Have a track record of being a team player and community minded.
• Be committed to their own learning including further training in health care.
• Excellent time-management skills and ability to work independently.
• Passion for public schools.
• Adherence to a high level of professional and ethical standards.
• Collaborate with the Lead Teacher in the planning and management of a non-categorical self-contained/inclusion classroom for high level special needs students.
• Implement prescribed care plan and assist with all Adaptive Daily Living Skills (ADLS) (toileting, cleaning, feeding, positioning) and assistive technology.
• Support medication administration for a student as outlined in the student's care plan.
• Work in collaboration with School Nurse, Special Education Coordinator, and parents/guardians to develop a care plan that addresses ADLS throughout the school day.
• Maintain safety of students and act as positive role model.
• Support assigned student(s) with physical and academic supports during instruction.
• Implement small group lessons using the school's curriculum (Readers and Writers Workshop, Math in Focus, FOSS, Social Studies Alive, and Second Step).
• Collaborate with Lead Teacher and School Nurse to implement student's care plan. This includes planning for: classroom environment, natural environment teaching, instruction, discrete trial instruction, behavior management strategies, and reinforcement systems.
• Regularly collect data to track students' progress in 4 program areas: curriculum, IEP, ADLS, and ABA/VB (if applicable).
• Follow Functional Communication Protocols and Behavior Protocols to respond to students' behavior appropriately and successfully.
• Collaborate with the Lead Teacher, special education service providers (speech, PT, OT), ELL teacher, School Nurse, and Assistant Teachers to address student needs in the classroom.
• Assist in incorporating student(s) into all aspects of the academic environment.
• Support the creation of a classroom culture and environment that develops and nurtures the emotional, cognitive and social abilities of the students.
• Engage parents and families in their student's learning and acting as an ambassador for the school in the community.
• Contribute productively to the school as a whole.
• Attend and participate in school events outside of regular school hours.
• Other duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is based on educational level, certification(s), and years of experience. Employees will be contracted yearly. Contracts will be renewed according to evaluations and staff interest. Health care, disability insurance, and a retirement plan: 401-(k) or the continuation of the DCPS retirement plan.
To ensure safety for all students, all staff members will be fingerprinted and background checks will be conducted on all school staff prior to their service as employees. Bridges is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Spanish-speakers and persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers