Chess Wizards is looking for engaging individuals to teach chess to K-5th grade students, after school, in a classroom setting. If you love chess and feel you can make learning it fun for kids of all ages, then you have probably found the perfect job (the only drawback: it is part-time). Currently, Chess Wizards is looking for instructors who are willing to teach between 1 and 5 one-hour classes per week.
Instructor Responsibilities and Qualifications:
● Be responsible for your student’s safety and supervision at all times
Implement CDC, School, and Chess Wizards COVID-19 prevention practices
● Maintain a structured and organized learning environment
● Encourage positive interpersonal interactions at all times
● Cultivate an interactive, friendly, and welcoming group dynamic
● Utilize positive behavior management and classroom management techniques
● Ability to relate well with children
● Ability to make chess fun!
● Encourage connections between chess problem-solving with real life problem-solving
● Knowledge of basic chess strategy required
● Utilize curriculum, teaching tools, and other materials provided by Chess Wizards
● USCF rating a plus but not a must
● Maintain regular communication with Area Managers and other coordinating staff
● Maintain positive relationships with parents, on-site staff, co-instructors, and school administration
● Promptness, punctuality and responsible conduct are requirements when working with children
● Be a positive role model for your students
● Be a proud representative of your own character as well as Chess Wizards
Pay: $55 - $75 per scheduled hour
Hours: 1-5 one-hour classes per week
If you are able to fulfill the responsibilities above, while creating a fun and exciting atmosphere in your classroom, then this is the position for you!