CAPITOL HILL UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
QR Code Link to This Post
Job Description for Child Caregiver
Proposed Salary: $17 per hour
3 hours per week minimum on Sunday Mornings (approximately 9:15am-12:15pm)
with occasional opportunities for additional hours.
Infant and Child CPR, TB Test, and church approved background check. ________________________
The Child Caregiver will be present at church during the assigned nursery hours each Sunday. The Child Caregiver is a part-time, at-will employee reporting to the Children's Ministry Coordinator. As such, there are no benefits apart from an hourly wage.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Providing care and supervision of children attending the Nursery and / or Toddlers, Twos, & Threes Class, focusing on their well-being and safety while in the Nursery;
• Presenting a welcoming and professional demeanor to volunteers, parents, and children; receiving each visitor as an honored guest, like Christ;
• Being prompt and consistent in attendance; the Child Caregiver will notify the Children’s Ministry Coordinator at least one week in advance of an anticipated absence;
• Initiating age-appropriate activities for attending children and welcoming them into the activities as Jesus welcomed the little children; providing attentive care of children as relates to age, abilities, and special needs;
• Adhering to the special and medical needs and allergies for all attending children and informing the Children's Ministry Coordinator of any additional or new needs of a particular child;
• Dispensing age-appropriate, healthy snacks as children express need or interest while knowing or verifying any allergies;
• Straightening the room each Sunday in anticipation of its next use – all attending children should be strongly encouraged to participate in the cleanup process.
• Noting materials and supplies needed and making Children's Ministry Coordinator aware of needs.
• Being knowledgeable of and maintaining adherence to the Safe Sanctuary Policy of Capitol Hill United Methodist Church, which is designed to protect children, parents, and caregivers.
• Other tasks as assigned.
Please send a resumé and cover letter to Deacon Troy Sims.
Capitol Hill United Methodist Church
421 Seward Sq SE
Washington, DC 20003