compensation: To be discussed with the Hiring Manager employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Planate Management Group (PMG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia and Orlando, Florida USA with a technical support center in the South East Asia and East Africa, that provides program management and facilities engineering services worldwide. Planate is a small business provider of planning, design, infrastructure management, technical consulting, engineering, and construction management services in support of the US Department of Defense (DOD) and its Service (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps) missions, along with other US federal agencies, all over the world.
The Environmental Monitory Officer is responsible for ensuring that all construction projects of the Veterans Affairs are in compliance with the environmental laws and regulations.
This position is contingent on the award of the contract, offering initially one year with four option years.
• Monitor and recommend enforcement of environmental provisions
• Maintain and monitor environmental engineering and management programs on current environmental engineering practices and regulations to meet project objectives
• Recommend improvement and maintenance of environmental performance
• Review environmental regulations, and determine its proper application
• Review environmental management practices
• Report environmental incidents, including mishaps such as internal spills, external releases, potential permit non-compliances, and upcoming regulatory inspections
• Lead or support the preparation and negotiation of various environmental permit applications
• Interface with different regulatory agencies, prepare needed documentation, schedule required testing, and provide any necessary, additional follow-up documentation
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Qualifications To be successful in the role:
• Must possess all necessary federal, state and local environmental qualifications regarding environmental protection practices on construction sites
• Experience working in a healthcare facility or hospital preferred
• Must be able to quickly understand and master the various environmental regulations of the local state and federal jurisdictions and the requirements of each
• Must have a minimum of 3 years of environmental compliance/protection experience/education regarding construction methods and practices
• Must have Regulatory experience that includes at a minimum of State and Federal Wetland and Waterway Regulations (United States Army Corps of Engineers Permitting Requirements under Section 404 of the Clean Water Act and Individual and Nationwide Permit requirements)
• Experienced in handling Hazardous Materials (40 HR HAZWOPER) and Sediment and Erosion & Stormwater Management Plan Review and Adherence (specific to project location) (National Pollutant Discharge Elimination (NPDES) Permit requirements)
• Knowledgeable in historical and archeological regulations such as the National Historical Preservation Act (NHPA) Section 106 (36 CFR Part 800), Archaeological Resources Protection Act (ARPA) (43 CFR Part 7) and the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA) (43 CFR Part 10) compliance
• Must possess Communication, Language, and Software Skills with the ability to utilize a variety of software programs to monitor, update, and produce work products by applying knowledge of computer literacy
• Must be willing to be assigned in different regions of USA
• Must lawfully reside in the United States and has a driver’s license
Planate Management Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Joining the Planate team opens you to an experience working for a Global company where you are among a team that is considered a premier trusted partner for planning, design, engineering, asset management, and professional service solutions anytime, anywhere. We Take Care of Our Own; Personally and Professionally, Up and Down The Line.
We’d love for you to be a part of our Global workforce, helping us serve as an effective and integrated partner to advance every client's mission!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers