compensation: To be discussed with the Hiring Manager employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Planate Management Group (PMG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia and Orlando, Florida USA with a technical support center in the South East Asia and East Africa, that provides program management and facilities engineering services worldwide. Planate is a small business provider of planning, design, infrastructure management, technical consulting, engineering, and construction management services in support of the US Department of Defense (DOD) and its Service (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps) missions, along with other US federal agencies, all over the world.
The Estimator is responsible for providing project cost evaluation and actual spending analysis. Also, will review the cost data for major equipment and labor, proposal review and conduct analysis on the credibility of contractor's construction submittals in support of various Veterans Affairs projects nationwide.
This position is contingent on the award of the contract, offering initially one year with four option years.
• Develop independent cost estimates for short- and long-term VA Construction Projects and for all current projects for maintenance, alteration, and construction
• Monitor all aspects of each project for financial control
• Work with a project team to provide cost reviews, cost analysis, and provide any cost estimates necessary for changes. Determine the merit of changes and the cost effect of schedule changes. Provide input to a contractor schedule of prices to ensure no front loading
• Review of the progress payment schedule for reasonableness
• Provide field inspections and verification of work executed and recommend construction changes when necessary
• Perform site visits, including the review of estimates, to determine existing conditions and to document findings to support the rationale of the estimate analysis
• Provide audit assistance as requested
• Provide services that include review and clarification of Cost Analysis/Evaluation of site or existing facilities
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Qualifications To be successful in the role:
• Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning with a specialty in Estimating or evidence of three (3) years of construction estimating work experience and knowledge to compensate for absence of higher education
• Must possess current professional credentialing as an Estimator and maintenance of same throughout the tenure
• Able to understand and master the requirements of the local state and federal jurisdictions and the requirements of each
• Experienced in preparing, analyzing and identifying incongruities and deficiencies in the contractors work in relationship with the baseline schedule of values and monthly pay requests
• Work completed shall be identified in the credentials of the individual to show competency to undertake a rigorous program in construction for cost control in all identified task order scope of work required
• Able to present three projects of the scale and difficulty at which he/she held a similar position. A sample of work equivalent to this project shall also be presented for review
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office suites
• Strong communications skills in English both written and oral
• Experience working in a healthcare facility or hospital preferred
• Must be willing to be assigned in different regions of USA
• Must lawfully reside in the United States and has a driver’s license
Planate Management Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Joining the Planate team opens you to an experience working for a Global company where you are among a team that is considered a premier trusted partner for planning, design, engineering, asset management, and professional service solutions anytime, anywhere. We Take Care of Our Own; Personally and Professionally, Up and Down The Line.
We’d love for you to be a part of our Global workforce, helping us serve as an effective and integrated partner to advance every client's mission!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers