Senior Architect or Engineer (Senior Architect or Engineer)
compensation: To be discussed with the Hiring Manager employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Planate Management Group (PMG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia and Orlando, Florida USA with a technical support center in the South East Asia and East Africa, that provides program management and facilities engineering services worldwide. Planate is a small business provider of planning, design, infrastructure management, technical consulting, engineering, and construction management services in support of the US Department of Defense (DOD) and its Service (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps) missions, along with other US federal agencies, all over the world.
The Senior Architect or Engineer is responsible for supporting various Veterans Affairs construction projects nationwide in the pre-design/design and construction phases.
This position is contingent on the award of the contract, offering initially one year with four option years.
• Development of project schedules to effectively plan for and report on the status of projects
• Interpret and adapt traditional methods and approaches in developing design calculations, layouts, drawings, and specifications that support project objectives and standards
• Responsible for selected construction inspections, quality control and submittal reviews beyond the expertise of construction managers
• Schedule review meetings.
• Coordinate initial planning efforts; site studies; market analysis; site investigations; site surveys; preparation of budgets and cost estimates; preparation of preliminary schedules; cost modeling and analysis; and cost control management.
• Conducting/participating in value engineering workshops and analysis of value engineering proposals.
• Conducting market analysis based on the size and scope of the project and providing findings of market conditions.
• Preparation of studies analyzing the constructability of the proposed project in terms of impacts to facility operations. Services may include analyzing parking; utility shutdowns and relocations; staff and patient access; safety risk analysis; and noise, dust and exhaust fumes impacts. Produce phasing plan document that is mutually acceptable from both a construction and facility operations perspective.
• Perform testing/inspection services.
• Assist in issue resolution and participate in all progress meetings.
• Perform routine inspections of construction as work proceeds.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Qualifications To be successful in the role:
• Licensed professional and holds a Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited school of higher learning
• With a minimum of six (6) years’ experience practicing as an Architect, Engineer or Construction Manager
• Must have design and construction experience, preferably in a healthcare facility
• Able to quickly understand and master the requirements of the local state and federal jurisdictions and the requirements of each in relation to this Project
• Possess the knowledge of Construction Contract Documents including Front End and Technical Specifications and Drawings to readily understand and assess the requirements
• Must have the skillset and a working knowledge of engineering services, building codes, budgeting and scheduling to lead to the project’s success
• Experience working in a healthcare facility or hospital preferred
• Must be willing to be assigned in different regions of USA
• Must lawfully reside in the United States and has a driver’s license
• Responsible for the supervision and management of personnel of diverse skillsets.
Planate Management Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Joining the Planate team opens you to an experience working for a Global company where you are among a team that is considered a premier trusted partner for planning, design, engineering, asset management, and professional service solutions anytime, anywhere. We Take Care of Our Own; Personally and Professionally, Up and Down The Line.
We’d love for you to be a part of our Global workforce, helping us serve as an effective and integrated partner to advance every client's mission!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers