compensation: To be discussed with the Hiring Manager employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Planate Management Group (PMG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia and Orlando, Florida USA with a technical support center in the South East Asia and East Africa, that provides program management and facilities engineering services worldwide. Planate is a small business provider of planning, design, infrastructure management, technical consulting, engineering, and construction management services in support of the US Department of Defense (DOD) and its Service (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps) missions, along with other US federal agencies, all over the world.
The Site Safety & Health Officer will be responsible for managing, implementing and enforcing Safety and Health Programs in various Veterans Affairs projects nationwide.
This position is contingent on the award of the contract, offering initially one year with four option years.
• Inspect project sites and identify any problems or inaccuracies
• Identify project site safety hazards and take necessary action to eliminate or minimize them
• Research, analyze, documentation and provide ongoing advice to site management to ensure all tasks are performed safely
• Ensure subcontractor compliance with safety and health requirements
• Conduct regular safety inspections/audits and achieve/document corrective actions
• Conduct daily safety meetings and provide awareness level safety training on basic construction safety topics
• Conduct accident investigations and prepare reporting
• Ensure all regulatory and awareness safety postings and signage are in compliance and current
• Ensure all personnel including subcontractors are using appropriate personal protective equipment
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Qualifications To be successful in the role:
• Must be a Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST), or be able to attain this certification within 90 days of contract award, with at least three (3) years of construction industry safety program management experience
• Or a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) with at least two (2) years of construction industry safety program management experience
• Or holds a bachelor’s degree in safety and health from an accredited university or college and have three (3) years construction industry safety program management experience
• Must have completed the OSHA 30-hour Construction Safety class and have a specialized formal course in the hazard recognition control associated with high hazard work operations such as operations involving asbestos, electrical, cranes, demolition, working at heights/fall protection, fire safety/life safety, ladder, rigging, scaffolds, and trenches/excavations
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office suites
• Strong communications skills in English both written and oral
• Experience working in a healthcare facility or hospital preferred
• Must be willing to be assigned in different regions of USA
• Must lawfully reside in the United States and has a driver’s license
Planate Management Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Joining the Planate team opens you to an experience working for a Global company where you are among a team that is considered a premier trusted partner for planning, design, engineering, asset management, and professional service solutions anytime, anywhere. We Take Care of Our Own; Personally and Professionally, Up and Down The Line.
We’d love for you to be a part of our Global workforce, helping us serve as an effective and integrated partner to advance every client's mission!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers