compensation: dependent upon experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
• Design development and construction documentation
• Organize client communications & project documentation
• Preparing and modifying design documents including plans, elevations, sections, specifications and details using Revit/AutoCAD
• Preparing 2D concept boards and 3D presentation materials for marketing and client presentations
• Take responsibility for project assignments
• Transfer "redlined" changes to update drawings
• Obtaining pricing for relevant designs and selections
• Conduct appointments with our home buyers in the design center, assisting buyers to make selections for their home and to provide prices for standard and upgrade options.
• Research product information for custom upgrades and obtain pricing for buyers
• Follow design center procedures for buyer appointments and complete administrative tasks following procedures.
• Work with sales agents to facilitate buyers' requests
• Work with Construction Manager to assist with maintaining selection and order schedule
• Be familiar with all plans and elevations
• Review specifications and available upgrade options
• Maintain working knowledge of software programs utilized in performance of duties
• Attend product orientations/workshops and keep well-informed of product lines, specifications, and pricing
• Work with Design Team to maintain samples the design center
• Work with Design Team to maintain labels on products and samples
• Attend framing and other jobsite visits as needed
Supervision of Others: None
Authority/Budget/Decision Making/Discretion and Independent Judgment Ability: A Designer is required to assist home buyers through the selection process, assist with and guide the customer through critical decision-making. Designs and makes CMF (Color, Material, and Finish) selections for inventory/spec homes to be built by the company.
Requirements of the Project Designer
• BS Degree in Interior Design/Interior Architecture or 4 years combination of college coursework and/or experience
• CKD preferred, but not required
• 20/20 Experience, minimum 2 years' experience
• 3 years' minimum professional drafting/design experience preferred
• Revit proficiency and knowledge of Revit standards
• High level of artistic creativity and knowledge of current design trends
• Analytical & problem solving skills
• Competent knowledge of building materials, specs and construction techniques
• Well Spoken to include the ability to communicate with project team and clients
• Knowledge of construction process
• Knowledge of current design trends, particularly in Northern Virginia
• Professional ethics
• High Comfort Level in dealing with customers
• Ability to lift 20+ pounds and walk around showrooms and jobsites as necessary
Nothing in this position description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers