compensation: Commensurate with experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Kumi Construction Management Corp. (KUMI) is seeking a Safety Manager to augment client staff in assuring appropriate safety measures are implemented for the protection of workers, pedestrian and vehicular traffic in the Washington Metropolitan area.
Key Qualifications: Bachelor's degree preferred, at least five years' demonstrable experience in construction or transit safety, successful completion of the OSHA 30-hour safety course, ability to obtain information through questioning and effectively handle multiple assignments, valid driver's license, proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and excellent communication skills, both orally and written.
• Enforcing, monitoring, and documenting the construction safety and environmental safety and security requirements for the Multiple Award Task Order Contracts (MATOC) contractors;
• Provide all necessary documents, information, and monthly reports to owner's Safety Certification Review Committee;
• Coordinate with owner's SAFE as necessary; and provide reports to owner's safety department as needed.
• Work closely with owner's field staff and contractors to ensure the understanding to their responsibilities respect to safety and conduct regular daily safety surveys.
• Attend project related meeting include, but not limited to project meeting occurring in the field or where it is required.
• Review lift and comment of project related submittals include, but not limited to: Job Hazard Analysis, Contractor Safety Manual, Safety Data Sheets, and Crane lift Plans. This position is responsible for the development, administration, monitoring, and coordination of the MATOC construction safety aspects of the Authority's System Safety Program Plan (SSPP) and effectively implementing and evaluating the occupational safety and safety training owner construction personnel, and the MATOC Contractor.
• Directs, implements, evaluates and administers the construction, industrial and occupational safety and safety training aspects of the Authority's comprehensive System Safety Program Plan (SSPP).
• Directs the development, implementation, administration and review of the effectiveness of the industrial, construction and environmental safety aspects of the Authority's System Safety Program Plan.
• Consults with and advises the Project Manager on developing safety goals and objectives in accordance with the requirements of the SSPP.
• Develops, implements and evaluates safety standards and procedures necessary to eliminate, minimize or control the degree of risk involving people-to-equipment interface in a variety of occupational and related subject areas.
• Determines the adequacy of maintenance safety practices and procedures in assuring the desired level of system safety, and recommends any necessary policy and procedure changes.
• Performs comprehensive investigations of MATOC construction accidents/incidents to identify root causes, determine facts, recommend appropriate corrective actions and develop effective preventive measures. Supervises investigations performed by staff.
Kumi offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers