Part-Time Asst Construction Project Supervisor (Washington Metro Area)
515 M St SE near 4th St SE
compensation: Compensation can be hourly or by weekly salary depending on candidate qualifications and experience. With the possibility for a weekly vehicle stipend. employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Growing and licensed renovation company that performs home renovations and light commercial (office and small multi-unit construction) primarily in DC, MD and VA is looking for an Assistant Project Supervisor with estimating experience to help build our growing construction company.
The ideal candidate has worked for either their own construction company, or another construction company and has at least 3-5 years estimating and project supervisor/management experience.
Individual must have extensive knowledge of construction and understand the coordination of personnel and materials. That individual must be of high moral integrity – must be well organized, have superior attention to detail, and have excellent communication skills.
The ideal candidate must possess 3-5+ yrs in the following:
- Understand how to estimate a project from plans, or a site walk-thru
- Read and comprehend construction documents and plans
- Have familiarity with code issues related to the various trades
- Be able to interface with clients and internal management (ie. excellent communication skills a must)
- Must be able to plan and utilize some form of project management tool to prioritize tasks and organize personnel and materials
- Oversee subcontractors on each job site and provide direction as needed
- Work with suppliers and trade partners to schedule and track materials and equipment deliveries and installation
- Ensure quality control
- Perform unit inspections and take corrective action as needed
- Manage schedule to ensure timely completion
- Coordinate municipality inspections
- Assist with procuring and tracking permits
- Maintain project logs
- Assist with project buyout
- Monitor and report on construction progress to management
- Promote and maintain a safe work environment.
- MUST be able to communicate electronically via email, and/or handheld device, etc...
- Should be aware of EPA RRP lead-based paint guidelines
- Must possess own vehicle that they can use - we will refund mileage on a bi-weekly basis
- Must be proficient in Excel (as well as Outlook, Office suite, and Adobe)
- High integrity
- Strong Work Ethic
- Excellent people and customer skills
- Enthusiastic and positive demeanor
- Drug and drama free
- Clean driving record and valid driver's license
- Be willing to have a background check performed
- Not required, but, very desired – be able to communicate with some Spanish speakers
Compensation can be hourly or by weekly salary depending on candidate qualifications and experience. With the possibility for a weekly vehicle stipend.
Estimated hours would be approximately 20-30 hours per week. Days worked can be grouped into 4 days versus 5 days, or as needed for specific project milestones.
When responding to this position, please provide a resume, and a range for your desired compensation.
Thank you in advance for your interest in our firm's position.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers