compensation: 40,000/yr - 50,000/yr depending on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Hotel Greene Head Chef
We are looking to hire an innovative and enthusiastic Head Chef capable of ensuring a high-quality, cost-effective product. Experience in managing kitchen staff, menu creation, and administrative tasks (such as food and labor costing) are required. Experienced sous chefs looking to move up are encouraged to apply. Banquet experience a plus.
Hotel Greene is an upscale indoor mini golf course, bar, and grand private event space (not a real hotel). Our 5,400 private event space (named The Crown Room) is located 1000 feet away from our primary space, and has its own kitchen. Our visual brand is an amalgam of Eastern and Western Europe, and our food offerings pa ir accordingly. We would love a chef with experience in European cuisine, and an interest in bringing something new to the Richmond food scene.
• Develops and tests recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to ensure consistent high quality and minimize food costs. Exercises portion controls over all menu items and establishes menu selling prices.
• Prepares necessary data for the budget in area of responsibility; projects annual food and labor costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action where necessary to help ensure that financial goals are met.
• Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
• Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities- ensuring promptness, freshness, and quality
• Designing new recipes, planning menus, and selecting plate presentation
• Personable, positive, ability to interact with guests
• Capable of budgeting labor and other cost centers through proper planning and execution
• Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimizes waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
• Strong leadership and conflict resolution skills
• Manage all back of house staff in kitchen, including ongoing training, development, & follow up
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills that foster positive working relationships with all teammates.
• Organized and experienced with food and labor costing, ordering, stocking, equipment maintenance, etc.
• Implementing hygiene policies and examining equipment for cleanliness
• Be willing to learn and expand their knowledge base/skillset
• Capable of multi-tasking with attention to detail
• Passionate about industry trends and techniques and knowledgeable of product, presentation, quality, and preparation, menu concept, design, food costing, and people management.
• Maintain and establish working relationships with local vendors, suppliers, etc.
• Stable and progressive work history; strong work ethic
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• Proven working experience as a head chef or head sous chef
• Advanced knowledge of food profession principles and practices
• Excellent communication and managerial skills
• Excellent knowledge of BOH systems, ordering, and inventory
• Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Available to work on call, shifts, after hours, over weekends, and on public holidays
• Obtain and maintain ServSafe Manager certification, any other applicable certifications
• Minimum Requirement: High school diploma or GED; Culinary degree or Accredited certification preferred with 3-10 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
• This job requires long workdays involving but not limited to: standing, walking, squatting, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting, ladder and stair climbing, walking on rough ground, exposure to temperature changes, exposure to dust, fumes, or gases, being near heavy machinery, cleaning/scrubbing. This position also requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling of heavy items (60+ lbs.).
• Competitive pay with bonus potential
• Health Insurance
• Vision and Dental Available
• One shift meal per 6 hour shift
• 50% off food and beverage, free mini golf
We are dedicated to maintaining high standards for COVID-19 precautions for both staff and guests; including routine disinfection, masks required for both staff and patrons, extensive signage, hand sanitizer stations, and more.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers