compensació: Commensurate with experience tipus d'ocupació: a temps complet
QR Code Link to This Post
The Embassy of Switzerland in Washington, DC is seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time permanent position of Administrative Assistant with light driving duties, beginning immediately.
The objective of the position is to serve as an Administrative Assistant in the Chancery section of the Embassy of Switzerland, with light local driving duties as needed. The ideal candidate will proactively coordinate and work in a team with the Chancery section, performing office work including mailroom duties, sending and receiving correspondence, answering correspondence by email or phone, and keeping regular tables and internal information up to date. This position foresees working in the reception, so communication skills, problem solving abilities and courteous interaction is expected. Driving duties include occasional deliveries in the DC area with an Embassy vehicle, special assignments and driving for delegations in coordination with other sections of the Embassy. Additional duties will be determined and assigned as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• All aspects of administrative work in the chancery of the Embassy, including corresponding by email and phone.
• Distribution of email to various sections of the Embassy, as well as traditional mail distribution of written correspondence.
• Processing of packages and diplomatic mail and usage of postal machine.
• Answering phones in the reception, delivering courteous service to visiting clients
• Occasional driving to deliver documents to various institutions in the DC area, picking up documents as necessary.
• Driving the Embassy vehicle for occasional delegations.
• At least 5 years of experience in an administrative position.
• Ability to work independently and in a team in order to achieve institutional goals
• Fluency in English, in both verbal and written expression, ability to correspond in a professional manner with clients and colleagues,
• Near fluency in German
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, ability to effectively update Excel sheets, prepare Word documents and use email in an efficient manner
• Must live within 30 Miles of Embassy
• Ability to lift 40 lbs
• Eligibility to work in the United States, absolutely no visa support will be provided; only US citizens and Legal Permanent Residents can be considered
• Excellent knowledge of the DC area and surroundings
• Clean driving record, able to pass a criminal background check
• Valid driver's license from the DC area
• Competitive salary and benefits package
• 401 k plan
• 4 weeks paid vacation
• American and some Swiss holidays
• Location in NW Washington DC, close to Red Line Metro
Please send your resume, a Letter of Motivation addressing the description above no later than March 4, 2018 in electronic format as a PDF file. Please write into the subject line, "Administrative Assistant" to ensure timely processing of your application.
Please do not contact the Embassy. Only those who are chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Només empreses. Si ets un intermediari, si us plau, no contactis amb l'anunciant.
NO contacteu amb nosaltres per serveis o ofertes no demanades