compensation: $40 - $50K per year depending on education & experience employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Professional engineering and technical consulting firm, a Florida-based company with an office in Herndon, VA, specializing in issues related to counter terrorism and preparedness response operations and national security is currently looking to hire a research assistant. The position will be a full-time entry level 1099 contract position with pay range of $40 – 50K per year depending on education and experience.
Due to the current environment, this will be initially a remote position but may periodically be required to come into the office. This position will require strong note taking, research, writing, technical editing, problem solving, organization and ability to multi-task. The Research Assistant primary responsibilities will be note taking and answering phones. Additional responsibilities include researching, writing, technical editing, meeting support, administrative support including assisting President of company with personal errands, and other duties as assigned. Travel may be required.
The position will provide technical support in areas of defense policy, counter-terrorism, public health, and homeland security.
• BA or BS degree in political science, operations research, strategic or security studies, engineering, or related technical field preferred
• 1 or more years of experience in similar areas of experience preferred
• Outstanding interpersonal and organization skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent note taking skill
• Ability to conduct research of literature on variety of topics
• Ability to analyze and synthesize results of research into conclusions
• Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs
• U.S. Citizen
• Ability to obtain a security clearance
• 1 year minimum commitment
Please submit a resume, cover letter, references, and a short writing sample (5 pages or less). A successful completion of a background investigation is required for the position.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers