DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL (Live in 7days on and off) (Hyattsville)
compensation: $15 per hour employment type: employee's choice non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
My Own Place, Inc.
Position Title: Direct Support Professional FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Under the direct supervision of the QDDP, Program Manager and Registered Nurse and in accordance with established agency policies and procedures, principles of normalization and inclusion and licensure standards, the incumbent provides training and support to individuals served utilizing available resources to maximize their independence.
1. Provides hands-on training and instruction to individuals in the following areas as appropriate: dress, hygiene and grooming; meal preparation, shopping and nutrition; communication; money management; appropriate behavior; traveling within the community; housekeeping; fire safety; clothing purchase and maintenance; socialization; use of phone, clock, calendar and recreation and leisure.
2. Completes documentation including but not limited to incident reports, communication logs, seizure records, and emergency evacuation drills.
3. Completes daily documentation, including but not limited to, ISP data progress notes, Individual Program Plan data, behavior and health data, shift exchange, hourly house log and visitor log.
4. Assists individuals with performing basic housekeeping duties.
5. Follows proper procedures in reporting and takes appropriate precautions for the security and safety of the residence, its occupants, furnishings, and vehicles.
6. Assists with medical appointments as needed.
7. Administers medication as per medication administration training.
8. Transports individuals to and/or from day programs and community activities.
9. Refrain from using phone while working to have personal conversations, to watch movies, text, face time, play games and anything other than work.
10. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Has regular contact with Program Manager, Qualified Developmental Disabilities Professionals, RN’s and other Direct Support Professionals.
Has on-going contact with neighbors, day program staff, medical professionals, and members of the community.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers