A large healthcare provider is seeking an experienced Licensed Practical Nurse to oversee all aspects of the medication management and administration, occasional wound care, emergency response and other duties as assigned in DC.
This is a direct hire opportunity.
• Consults with the physicians in matters relating to patient care services.
• Administers medications, including insulin, per order
• Performs or assists with Covid testing
• Assists in managing CNAs who work in the office
• Performs wound care per order.
• Resolves complaints made by client and family regarding care.
• Interfaces with pharmacies to ensure prescriptions are refilled and available when needed
• Fills-in for the site manager as needed
• Demonstrates competency, integrity, and accountability in the performance of staff development activities.
• Reports problems and/or issues to the site manager and/or the Director of Clinical Services problems, which deter implementation of planned activities.
• Assists in the orientation of all staff.
• Assesses staff competency in the field
• Ensure that staff members have been provided with orientation to comply with OSHA and infection control safety guidelines
• Licensed Practical Nurse with a valid unencumbered DC license.
• Experience in CCRC, Nursing home, and/or home care highly preferred.
• Medication management and administration experience highly preferred.
• Current CPR Card
• Current PPD/Chest X-Ray
• Proof of Immunizations
• Ability to pass a background investigation and a drug test
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers