A Washington DC Court Reporting and Transcription company is looking for transcribers who currently hold a security clearance or would be willing and able to get one. While this is primarily a virtual position (work from home) for the vast majority of your workload, the confidential/classified assignments would have to be done at our downtown DC location or at the offices of our government clients (DC metro area). This means you need to be located in the greater DC metropolitan area.
QR Code Link to This Post
• Excellent command of English language
• Must be able to transcribe at least 3 hours of audio per week
• Accurate grammar, punctuation and spelling.
• Attention to detail
• Ability to meet deadlines
• High speed internet connection
• Internet research skills
• Proofreading of all work before turned-in
• Must be a US citizen
• Reside in the greater DC metropolitan area
• Required software/hardware:
o WordPerfect and/or MSWord
o FTR Player (free download)
o ExpressScribe (free download)
o FileZilla (free download)
o Windows based PC
o USB foot pedal (Infinity is a popular model)
• AAERT certification is a plus
Transcribers are paid by the page at very competitive rates. The page rates for onsite confidential/classified transcription are at a significantly higher premium level.
All transcribers are independent (1099) Subcontractors. Subcontractors are paid biweekly for all timely submitted invoices.
To inquire about taking a transcription test for this position, please send a cover letter and resume. Please put "Cleared Transcriber" in the subject line and be sure to include your level of clearance and home address.