compensation: $80,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Must have at least 5+ years in transactional corporate paralegal experience
Attention motivated Corporate Paralegals! Our AmLaw 100 global law firm, is seeking an experienced Corporate Paralegal to work in its San Francisco, Chicago, DC, New York or Boston Offices. The firm is known for the excellence of the paralegal department and believes in moving paralegals up the career ladder. The Firm handles Fortune 100 corporations, high net-worth clients, political figures and more. It also offers corporate paralegals a unique responsibility: to sit in the deal room while the deal is going on and participate as necessary. Few firms allow this. The firm will pay for relocation expenses.
Responsibilities of Corporate Paralegal:
• Assists in in Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity, and the overall corporate practice on a variety of deals.
• Drafts and files certificate of incorporation and formation
• Drafts and files statutory filings with Secretary of State: amendments, conversions, mergers, and dissolutions,
• Prepares final annual reports, conversions, mergers and dissolutions
• Drafts written board consents and written stockholder consents
• Drafts resolutions
• Prepares initial stock subscription agreement, stock certificates, stock ledger, and withdrawal applications
• Maintains stock ledgers
• Conducts research to determine jurisdictions for qualification
• Orders lien searches and summarizes lien search results
• Calculates franchise taxes
• Prepares minute books
• Handles closings, due diligence and more.
The ideal Corporate Paralegal has:
• At least 5 yrs experience in a law firm
• BA degree and paralegal certificate, required
• Stable work history
Other titles for Corporate Paralegal: Corporate Legal Assistant; Corporate Secretary; Transactional Corporate Paralegal
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers