POSITION SUMMARY-Temp to Perm position-Exempt
QR Code Link to This Post
This position will support the General Counsel and manage the day-to-day operations of client's Board of Directors and Committees. The Governance Manager will be responsible for organizing and managing meetings, materials, and outreach to the Board and Board Committees. This position will also manage other key aspects of the General Counsel's portfolio, including conflict of interest documentation, legal research and contract management.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
• Proactively manage and schedule the Board of Directors and Committee meetings.
• Direct preparation of all meeting materials of the Board of Directors and Committees.
• Draft minutes of meetings for Board of Directors and Committees.
• Manage the system for Board and Board Committee records.
• Manage and coordinate the logistics for Board of Directors and Board Committee nominations.
• Manage conflict of interest process for Board of Directors and staff.
• Manage a system for tracking contracts.
• Track requests to the General Counsel for assistance/advice.
• Perform legal research as requested by the General Counsel.
• Proofread and edit documents.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Paralegal certificate desired but not required.
• Minimum of 5 years of board management and/or governance experience.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact with Board members and their staff.
• Strong project management skills; attention to detail is essential.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, time management and problem-solving skills.
• Strong writing and analytic skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of work records.
• Manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
• Willing to assume responsibility, self-starter who can apply new skills quickly.
• Ability to interact effectively with a variety of people and work well on a team.