A Legal Assistant/Project Coordinator is needed for Prominent DC Firm
Company: Palmer Legal Staffing
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full Time- Direct Hire
About us: Looking toward your future and considering your next career move? Palmer is a full-service recruiting agency, offering direct hire, temp-to-hire, and temporary positions. You are more than a "number" to us. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and help match you to your dream job. Palmer represent over 500 law firms and legal departments. Learn more about our candidates experiences by visiting our Google Reviews and see how we have helped other candidates get placed. We look forward to getting to know you!
Job Description: This Project Coordinator will have a variety of administrative, legal, and project management responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, organizational, and technical skills, thrive in a team environment, while possessing initiative and drive. The "PC" will oversee and document assigned projects, handle filings, organization of information, process legal documentation, and research and provide a variety of secretarial and/or administrative duties, primarily or as back-up. Maintain positive contact with clients, attorneys and staff.
1. Prepare and edit correspondence and other legal documents from written and oral drafts; draft standard correspondence and email communications.
2. Read, scan and manage email, proofread all documents and correspondence for accuracy.
3. Open new matters; maintain files, materials, and databases (SharePoint) related to project group and client matters.
4. Establish, track, and maintain calendar and deadline reminder systems for case work; utilize Outlook calendar system for reserving conference rooms and scheduling, arrange travel.
5. Create and update checklists; manage watch lists, compile binders, process expenses and invoices, and perform general office duties such as copying, scanning, and filing including electronic file organization.
6. Coordinate special projects as assigned applying project management theory. Track and monitor progress against established work plans, reporting on same and attending to follow-up items.
7. Attend meetings, take notes, and following up on action items.
8. Develop, maintain, and/or update various information tracking systems, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Sharepoint, and filesharing platforms.
9. Interact with, and serve as resource to members of each project team. Attend to various action items with third parties, including consultants and opposing counsel, as directed.
10. Extensive domestic and international travel with members of each project team and provide comprehensive administrative support. Assist attorneys and secretaries with electronic and physical filing.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: A Baccalaureate degree, paralegal, or project management certification preferred with at least 2 years of experience in a similar business role.
• Experience with Microsoft Office 2010+, iManage and SharePoint is strongly preferred along with superior working knowledge of Outlook and Word, including styles and redlining.
• Critical attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability for speed and accuracy.
• Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
• Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail and ability to proofread typed material for contextual, grammatical, typographical or spelling errors.
• Superior oral and written communication skills and must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to think independently and take ownership of projects as assigned.
• Passport required to obtain visas to various countries and will be available for extensive travel with little notice.
• Perform special projects and apply project management theory.
• Work occasionally requires a high level of mental effort and may involve significant stress when performing a high volume of tasks while performing other essential duties under deadlines.
• Work occasionally requires more than 40 hours per week to perform essential duties of the position; may require irregular hours. Flexibility to adjust to a variety of department procedures as may be required for each assignment.
How to apply: Please respond with your resume for consideration. Resumes that do not have RECENT and RELEVANT experience will not be considered.
Learn more about Palmer Staffing by visiting our Google Review's and see how we've helped other candidates get placed!
Visit our website at http://www.palmerlegalstaffing.com/ and see more positions, connect with a recruiter, and find our Facebook & LinkedIn page.
Palmer Staffing would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Palmer Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers