R & W Group has a great opportunity with one of our favorite law firm clients in DC for an experienced Legal Secretary. Experience in SEC practice area a plus, but not required. The Legal Secretary provides attorneys and other legal personnel with administrative, secretarial, and clerical assistance; coordinates and maintains effective office procedures and efficient workflow; follows policies and procedures set by the Firm; establishes and maintains harmonious working relationships with top-level management, supervisors, co-workers, and clients by performing the following:
QR Code Link to This Post
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates U.S. & Foreign travel arrangements by securing air, hotel, rail, and car reservations for lawyers and clients. Prepares travel expense reports and other business related expenses using the electronic Accounting system, and prepares itinerary for lawyers and colleagues.
• Handles reimbursement of other firm and client-related expenses, such as telephone calls, entertainment, recruiting, etc. using the electronic Accounting system.
• Maintains electronic calendar of meetings and appointments, and apprises lawyers of responsibilities in advance of commitment. Coordinates luncheons and schedules conference rooms for meetings using the electronic room scheduler.
• Maintains contacts in Outlook for assigned lawyers, pursuant to lawyers' preference.
• Maintains list of principal contacts or working group lists for each client and matter.
• Receives, screens, and transmits telephone calls to lawyers and takes messages as necessary, with recognition of and attention to the particular needs of clients. Schedules conference calls for lawyers.
• Creates, maintains, and updates all client litigation files on a daily basis in accordance with standards set by the Records Management Center using the electronic Records Management database and maintains other files as needed. Must have thorough knowledge of indexing litigation files. Maintains current files for all correspondence.
• Facilitates work with the Accounting Department to coordinate client bills, generates monthly internal utilization reports, provides monthly and/or quarterly estimate reporting data, analyzes billing data, and responds to miscellaneous client inquiries/requests. Processes new business forms, new client/matter reports, and conflict of interest checks.
• Inputs daily diaries for lawyers in electronic Time Billing System, and proofreads and edits time diaries for accuracy.
• Proofreads and revises all documents, including engagement letters, PowerPoint presentations, memoranda, audit letters, client deliverables, and other correspondence, etc., for accuracy, grammar, punctuation and syntax, and drafts correspondence.
• Coordinates work performed by Support Services for prompt production and delivery of documents.
• Prepares documents for transmittal via the Firm's electronic fax system and e-mail transfer.
• Processes incoming and outgoing mail and distributes promptly.
• Retrieves cases and other related legal documentation from the library and makes copies.
• Types and prepares legal papers and correspondence such as briefs, letters, memoranda, tables, charts/spreadsheets, complaints, and motions. Also generates Table of Contents, Table of Authorities, and redline documents.
• Performs other job-related duties such as compiling notebooks and exhibits, and preparing documents in connection with bar association activities. Also performs other administrative tasks as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
• 3+ years of related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Proficiency in MS Office applications
• Bachelor's degree
• Ability to type 55 wpm
• Law Firm experience
• Legal terminology and formats (legal documents)
Other Skills and Abilities:
In addition to the above, the following may also be required of the successful candidate:
• A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
• The use of good judgment and strong interpersonal communication skills
• Well developed analytical and problem solving skills
• The ability to execute multiple projects effectively and efficiently
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team
• Exercises confidentiality and discretion
• Possesses impeccable grammar skills and proofreads accurately
Please apply online at www.r-wgroup.com!