compensation: Hourly rate dependent on experience employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Federal Court located in Washington DC is searching for a full-time legal reference librarian for a 3 month contract assignment.
All work will be done on-site at the Court's location in NW DC.
Ideal candidate will need to have at least two years of prior experience working as a librarian.
Preference for candidates with a Master in Library Science or JD from an accredited law school or equivalent work experience.
This is full time, 40 hours per week. Hours: 8am-4:30pm
Compensation: Hourly rate depends on experience
* Assist in instructing library patrons with one on one training and assistance and in serving as a coordinator for classroom training.
* Help prepare current awareness resources for Court staff and judges.
* Will assist the reference desk, answer questions, answer emails, etc.
* Familiarity with basic primary and secondary print legal resources in the field of Federal law.
* Familiarity with Westlaw, Lexis and Bloomberg law online legal resources.
* Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills.
* Strong customer service and communication skills.
2+ years of professional experience working as a reference librarian
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers