Mehri & Skalet, PLLC ("M&S") has an immediate opening for a full-time paralegal position.
QR Code Link to This Post
M&S is a private law firm with a commitment to serving the public interest focusing on civil rights, employment law, whistleblower protection, insurance, and consumer protection issues. Paralegals at M&S are front-line participants in the firm's creative class action litigation practice and work closely with attorneys, clients, witnesses and the firm's many allies in the social justice, policy, and non-profit communities. Please see our firm website, at www.findjustice.com, for more details about our practice.
• Prepare, edit, and format documents and court filings
• Organize and maintain case files to assist attorneys and serve clients
• Interview clients and potential witnesses
• Contribute to document review and deposition/trial preparation efforts
• Synthesize materials and create summaries, Excel documents, and Power Point presentations
• Provide general office support as needed
• Serve as firm pleadings clerk by maintaining attorney calendars and electronic file for all litigation records
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Superior organization and time management skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet research, and other related information technologies
• Ability to work well independently and on a team as well as to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
• Ability to take responsibility for assignments by being highly motivated and self-starting
Related prior work experience, commitment to the firm's practice areas, knowledge of legal proceedings, experience with Lexbe (or other legal document management systems) is a plus.
• Supportive work environment with a team that is dedicated to using the law to help others
• Health and dental benefits
• 401(k) plan
• 15 days annual leave, plus sick leave and holidays
Inclusion, Diversity, and Equal Opportunity
Mehri & Skalet is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that a diverse team improves our work product, enhances our ability serve our clients, and strengthens our ability to attract talented individuals. We strive to maintain a culture that celebrates the strengths of every team member. The firm engages in ongoing efforts to foster a culture of mutual respect and to attract, retain, and promote outstanding lawyers and administrative staff from all backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. We advance equal opportunity without discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, ability, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, matriculation, and credit history.
Please send cover letter, resume, and writing sample to the email address listed in this posting.