Wilson Elser's Washington DC office is looking for a Litigation Paralegal to join our exceptional professionals working in a collaborative team oriented environment helping represent sophisticated clients confronted with complex legal challenges.
QR Code Link to This Post
This exciting role offers growth and learning opportunities for a motivated self-starter with defense litigation experience who is seeking to advance their paralegal career.
Wilson Elser is a full-service and leading defense litigation law firm who faithfully serves our clients with more than 800 attorneys, across 40 offices in the United States and one in London. Founded in 1978, we rank among the top 200 law firms identified by The American Lawyer and 53rd in The National Law Journal's survey of the nation's largest law firms.
• 1 - 4 years complex civil defense litigation paralegal experience
• Must have experience conducting research in Lexis (aka IDEX), Westlaw, Verdict Search (or equivalent), general internet research, etc
• Must know all Microsoft Office Suite platforms (Word, Excel, etc.)
• Familiarity with PACER, Westcase, or a similar product, and RADAR (online medical record retrieval platform) a plus
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Paralegal certification preferred, but not required
• Manage complex litigation in multiple jurisdictions
• Organize cases as part of discovery process and in preparation for trial
• Issue, process, and follow up on records requests authorizations and subpoenas
• Processing received records
• Expert research and communications
• Deposition support including fact and expert witnesses
• Motion and trial support
Why Should You Apply?
•Generous PTO plan
•Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
•Corporate Discount Plans
Wilson Elser is a firm who focuses our commitment to both our clients and you! Please consider joining our team by clicking here.
We believe in creating a work environment free of barriers and bias, where individual outlooks and talents are respected and valued. Our firm's policy is to ensure an equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law.