The National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA) is seeking a full-time experienced Program Manager. The Program Manager is responsible for the implementation of the programmatic goals of the Joint Strategic Plan of NELA and The Employee Rights Advocacy Institute For Law & Policy (The NELA Institute). The Program Manager will manage the Amicus program and NELA's continuing legal education programming, facilitate the work of NELA's substantive law committees and task forces, and supervise The NELA Institute's Paul H. Tobias Attorney Fellow.
This is a full-time, exempt position based in NELA's Oakland or Washington DC office. The Program Manager reports to and is under the general supervision of the Executive Director.
ABOUT NELA & THE NELA INSTITUTE
NELA is a nonprofit professional association of lawyers who represent employees in employment matters. NELA seeks to eradicate inequality and injustice in the workplace by advocating for employee rights and assisting the lawyers who represent them. Founded in 1985, NELA advances and encourages the professional development of its members through networking, educational programs, publications, and technical support. NELA promotes the workplace rights of individual employees through legislation, public policy, and other activities. For more information about NELA and our related charitable and educational arm, The Employee Rights Advocacy Institute For Law & Policy (The NELA Institute), visit www.nela.org and www.employeerightsadvocacy.org.
• Lead the planning and development of substantive programs and faculty for NELA's continuing legal education (CLE) events, including the Annual Convention, in-person seminars, and webinars. Prepare budget forecasts for overall CLE performance and for individual programs.
• Coordinate, monitor, and evaluate NELA's and The NELA Institute's Amicus Programs, including working with the Amicus Advisory Council, volunteer brief writers, counsel in the related cases, and coalition partners to produce high quality briefs.
• Direct, manage, and coordinate the work of various substantive law Advisory Groups, Committees, Task Forces, and Practice Groups, and represent or coordinate a representative for NELA and/or The NELA Institute at public hearings and events relating to programmatic activities.
• Support NELA and The NELA Institute's fundraising initiatives, including participating in donor cultivation and solicitation activities; serving as an ambassador for NELA and The NELA Institute among NELA members, coalition partners, and others; and providing programmatic guidance, including proposal development, to the grant writing process for The NELA Institute.
• Coordinate the recruiting, hiring, and supervision of the Paul H. Tobias Attorney Fellow for the Employee Rights Advocacy Institute for Law & Policy.
• Other activities as assigned by the Executive Director.
• Active bar membership in the United States.
• Minimum of three years legal experience.
• Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of employment law and workers' rights.
• Demonstrated proficiency in program management and/or development.
• Exceptional volunteer management and coordination skills, including the ability to motivate and communicate with people at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively and collegially with co-workers.
• Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail, ability to work independently, manage time efficiently, handle multiple tasks, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, engage in problem-solving, and produce a high quality work product.
• Sound judgment and discretion, as well as the ability to conduct oneself in a highly professional manner.
• Ability to maintain composure and complete tasks in a fast-paced, nonprofit environment.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Flexibility and willingness to take the initiative on a variety of projects.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
• Experience with membership and/or nonprofit organizations a plus.
Send a cover letter detailing your interest in the position and résumé to Terry O'Neill, Executive Director, National Employment Lawyers Association, 2201 Broadway, Suite 310, Oakland, CA 94612
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Fax: (866) 593-7521
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
The National Employment Lawyers Association is an equal employment opportunity employer. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values of NELA and The NELA Institute and essential to the achievement of our mission. Diversity, equity, and inclusion create meaningful representation and involvement of persons with varied backgrounds, experiences, identities, and abilities, each with the opportunity to make robust contributions to the organization without discriminatory barriers. To express these values, NELA and The NELA Institute promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in our organizational structures and policies, leadership, membership, programs and services, employment practices, and relationships and coalition partners and donors.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers