Robert Half Legal is currently seeking unlicensed JDs for multiple exciting long-term, REMOTE, projects for a government agency. For these projects, JD candidates cannot be currently licensed in any jurisdiction.
QR Code Link to This Post
This role entails assisting the agency in a Hearing Officer capacity.
Responsibilities will include:
· Conducting quasi-judicial hearings with interested parties, placing witnesses under oath, questioning witnesses to ascertain pertinent facts, directing the recording of testimony, admitting or excluding evidence, and facilitating or performing cross examination of the witnesses.
· Evaluating all facts pertinent to a case and preparing a recommended written decision including suggested findings of fact and conclusions of law.
· Start: Rolling starts through April, May and June on multiple state projects
· Duration: 3+ months with possibility of extension
· Pay: $22- $23/hour
· Location: Fully remote
· Technology: Provided by Robert Half
· Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (with a 1-hour break); Monday through Friday; no overtime anticipated
Requirements – Candidates MUST:
· be JD graduate from any US law school- May 2021 graduates encouraged to apply
· Have strong technical computer skills
· Have reliable internet service (will need to test your internet speed in order to apply)
· Have an at home workspace where you can work uninterrupted between normal business hours in order to prevent interruptions during the hearings you will be conducting
· Have Excellent verbal, written, and social communication and analytic skills
· Display comfort and confidence when interacting with clients/customers
· Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
For immediate consideration, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Your UPDATED RESUME in MS Word format (no Google docs or PDFs please):
2. Confirm you are unlicensed:
3. Are you planning on taking the July bar exam: