Senior Business Immigration Paralegal (Dupont Circle Washington, DC)
compensation: Excellent work environment, Competitive salary and benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Maggio Kattar is a nationally-recognized boutique immigration law firm with offices in San Diego and Los Angeles, CA; Washington, DC; and Dayton, OH. We are looking for strong candidates to join our team in Washington, DC.
- Dedicated to providing excellent client service by helping small, mid-size, and large businesses attract and retain global talent.
- Understand the importance of paying attention to details and creating accurate work product within specific deadlines.
- Seeking a challenging, fast-paced work environment where you will be expected to analyze a client’s options, formulate a plan, and deliver a solution, while interacting with supervisors and peers who will guide you and also push you to excel.
- Seeking career advancement opportunities.
Essential Job Functions
After completing initial onboarding and training activities, you will be expected to integrate into the team and immediately contribute to ongoing cases.
- Work on a variety of nonimmigrant and immigrant visa petitions and applications that are complex and unique, requiring review and analysis of law.
- Prepare immigrant cases, such as: PERM labor certification, I-140 petitions, and I-485 applications.
- Prepare nonimmigrant petitions and applications, including: B-1/B-2, E-1/E-2, E-3, F-1 STEM, H-1B, J-1, L-1, and TN.
- Work under the supervision of a paralegal manager and collaborate closely with clients in a fast-paced and collegial environment.
- Learn and understand how to use our case management system for preparing petitions and applications, managing your case list, and running reports
Education, Skills, Experience
To be successful in this position, you need to:
• Be a self-starter and an independent worker
• Be a strong communicator, verbal and written skills
• Manage multiple and potentially conflicting priorities and track deadlines
• Be a team contributor: dedicated, flexible, committed to excellence and industrious
Have the following:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 5 years of related industry experience
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Windows
If interested, please email resume to: email@example.com or fax to (202) 483-0123, Attn: Amal Talhame No calls please.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers