compensation: 18.50 employment type: part-time telecommuting ok
QR Code Link to This Post
Equivity is looking for a part-time virtual paralegal with recent experience supporting attorneys in real estate and is available to support clients in both Central and Eastern time zones. We are looking for paralegals with at least three years of experience in real estate law. Additional skills in corporate law, contracts, or business law are pluses. If you have experience supporting attorneys remotely and have experience assisting attorneys with both residential and commercial real estate transactions, we want to hear from you!
Virtual paralegals at Equivity develop a portfolio of clients and support a number of different attorneys. We are currently seeking a virtual paralegal to support real estate attorneys. Your role would include assisting in the preparation of closing documents, including purchase and sale agreements, deeds, tax forms, UCC forms, agendas, and settlement statements (Post-TILA/RESPA). You may also serve as a liaison between various parties in the transaction, including the buyer, seller, underwriter, and title company. In this capacity as a liaison, experience ordering title searches and requesting diligence would be helpful.
The ideal candidate will be adept at using practice management software, such as Clio or MyCase; Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel; editing PDFs; and using software for completing transactions, such as DocuSign. The ideal candidate will also have experience with e-Discovery, and be comfortable using Google Calendar, Google Docs and Google Sheets as well.
More about our company:
Equivity provides virtual assistance to clients across the United States, with specialties in administrative, marketing, and paralegal support services. Equivity works closely with our clients to provide them with virtual paralegals who are experienced in their field and have successfully worked in a remote or virtual environment. Our law firm clients range from solo practitioners to multi-partner firms and run across all specialty areas of law including litigation, family law, bankruptcy, real estate, and much more.
Our virtual paralegals work with a high degree of autonomy and are responsible for developing relationships with our clients. Because we provide extremely attentive service to our clients, you must be available to respond to client communications during business hours within one hour by email, phone, and text and be available to work on projects during the business day. All of this work is done remotely, meaning that you can work from home.
The selected candidate would be hired as a part-time employee of Equivity, not an independent contractor. We are looking for somebody who has at least 20 hours per week of availability, and the starting pay is $18.50 per hour. We are a growing business and are looking for a virtual paralegal who is excited to partner with us and is interested in a long-term role with our company.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3+ years of recent experience working as a paralegal in real estate
• Experience in real estate closings, both on commercial and residential side
• Excellent writing skills and strong attention to detail
• Experience with engagement letters, client invoicing, correspondence, document review and preparation
• Experience drafting agreements from templates as well as from software that provides electronic forms
• Experience working real estate closings from start to finish
• Ability to handle a large volume of closings
• Experience using practice management software, preferably Clio or MyCase
• Availability to respond to requests within an hour during the hours of 9 AM - 6 PM, Monday – Friday Eastern and Central time
• Experience using law firm bookkeeping software for invoicing and timekeeping
• Your own laptop and smart phone with broadband access to Internet
• Quiet location in which to make and take phone calls
Experience in the following areas would be helpful:
• Preparing and editing business contracts
• Forming and dissolving business entities and performing entity maintenance
• Preparing corporate, partnership, or shareholder agreements
• Mergers and acquisitions
Qualities we are looking for:
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work independently with limited oversight
• Technologically savvy
Equivity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Equivity is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Equivity are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national original, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Equivity will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers