QR Code Link to This Post
Washington, DC - Data Specialist II
As one of the nations largest legal staffing providers, Hire Counsel is seeking experienced Data Specialists who are interested in a career supporting the Federal Government in DC.Security clearance is required and successful applicants must be willing to apply for clearance through the sub-contractor. This process can take several months.
- Anticipated start date: As soon as a clearance application is complete
- Estimated duration: Long Term
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Location: Washington, DC
- Pay rate: $32.25 + $4.54 H&W
The position will work on the following tasks with others as needed:
- This is a mid-level position operating under the direction of more senior Contractor IT staff.
- Performs file manipulation, loading, conversion services, database indexing, and quality checks of loads.
- Develops, evaluates and modifies methodologies and procedures for manipulating files for use with COTS products and litigation support applications.
- Responsible for ensuring that incoming productions are made pursuant to the applicable ESI specifications and when deficiencies are found, provides Senior Data Specialist with detailed notice of deficiencies.
- Performs advanced tasks related to exporting data from contractor and DOJ databases, including: identifying data for export, confirming redactions and other markups, ensuring that exports comply with applicable ESI specifications, and quality check of exported data.
- Requires knowledge of litigation discovery process, and the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) workflow.
- Knowledge of Governments IT environment, including office automation networks, PC and server based applications preferred.
- Working knowledge of personal computers, including Windows, document review software, and encryption methods.
- Experience with LAW, IPRO, Relativity or other document processing platform.
- Familiarity with ICONECT, Relativity, MS Office Suite, and West LiveNote valued.
- At least two years experience performing eDiscovery roles including but not limited to electronic files processing (EFP), image and data file conversion, data culling using review tools, quality assurance, database loads and retrieval, and data analysis.
- Undergraduate degree preferred-preferably in computer science or related field.
- At least two years of progressively more responsible experience on major litigation support projects, including at least one year of supervisory experience, including proven capabilities and communication skills to successfully interact with clients and attorneys.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (active clearance preferred)
Why work with Hire Counsel?
Hire Counsel works exclusively with the legal sector and is recognized as a national leader in legal staffing. With over 32 years of experience, we are proud to have been recognized with these 2018 industry awards:
- Best Legal Staffing Provider USA (CV Magazine)
- Best Staffing Providers for Legal/Litigation Staffing (The Recorder)
- Best of Legal Recruiters (Corporate Counsel)
- Best Professional Recruiting Firms (Forbes)
- Best Executive Recruiting Firms (Forbes)
- 100 Leading Legal Consultants and Strategists (Lawdragon)
For more information about our benefits and opportunities, visit www.hirecounsel.com
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format to Please reference job code 33796 when responding to this ad.