QR Code Link to This Post
As one of the nations largest legal staffing providers, Hire Counsel is seeking experienced Project Supervisors who are interested in a career supporting the Federal Government in DC.Security clearance is required and successful applicants must be willing to apply for clearance through the sub-contractor. This process can take several months.
- Anticipated start date: As soon as a clearance application is complete
- Estimated duration: Long Term
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Location: Washington, DC
- Pay rate: Competitive Market Rate
The position will work on the following tasks with others as needed:
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of IT systems set up by the Government to provide automated litigation support IT resources to specific cases.
- For large scale systems, the System Administrator (I or II) may assist and back up the Senior System Administrator.
- For more moderately sized systems, may be responsible for the entire installation.
- Responsible for keeping the systems and services up and running; monitoring, analyzing and optimizing server and system performance, including making recommendations for improving performance; performing scheduled system backups; assigning user IDs and passwords; allocating and tracking disk space; providing consulting support and advice to, and coordinating with, IT users responsible for specific applications/databases on the servers; identifying and ordering needed supplies, hardware, software and accessories; and performing hardware and software upgrades.
- Implements and enforces system, facility, and data security measures, including resources and procedures for patch management, security reporting, and disaster recovery.
- Administers not only hardware and operating system software, but also database and other applications software.
- Coordinates with the COR and DOJ technical staff on all these issues, and coordinates as well as with the DOJ office automation network administration staff on issues having to do with DOJ office automation networks.
- Develops tools for system-wide use in developing applications; prepares system documentation.
- May have some supervisory responsibilities
- At least three years hands-on, directly applicable experience actually doing the work of implementing the kinds of systems being set up - e.g., UNIX, Windows,etc. - will generally be expected.
- It is essential that the individual actually have done the work of designing, obtaining equipment and software, installing, integrating, testing, etc., in the environment required.
- Must have a good understanding of the specific applications and application software, e.g., Oracle, Relativity, web hosting, etc. CNE certification highly desirable.
- At least one year of experience setting up large scale database management applications, using the applicable database management software.
- MS Windows experience required.
- Experience in storage technology planning, performance capacity planning and modeling, applications planning, human factors issues, distributed processing, business process analysis.
- Requires at least six months experience on the job at the specific installation being administered.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the Government's IT environments, including office automation networks and PC and server based databases and applications.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the Government's security requirements (i.e. NIST, E-Gov, FIPS, FISMA, and DOJ regulations).
- Litigation support experience helpful. Proven management skills preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Undergraduate degree preferred; preferably in the computer science or management information/technology disciplines
Why work with Hire Counsel?
Hire Counsel works exclusively with the legal sector and is recognized as a national leader in legal staffing. With over 32 years of experience, we are proud to have been recognized with these 2018 industry awards:
- Best Legal Staffing Provider USA (CV Magazine)
- Best Staffing Providers for Legal/Litigation Staffing (The Recorder)
- Best of Legal Recruiters (Corporate Counsel)
- Best Professional Recruiting Firms (Forbes)
- Best Executive Recruiting Firms (Forbes)
- 100 Leading Legal Consultants and Strategists (Lawdragon)
For more information about our benefits and opportunities, visit www.hirecounsel.com