QR Code Link to This Post
Washington, DC - Project Supervisor
As one of the nations largest legal staffing providers, Hire Counsel is seeking experienced Project Supervisors who are interested in a career supporting the Federal Government in DC.Security clearance is required and successful applicants must be willing to apply for clearance through the sub-contractor. This process can take several months.
- Anticipated start date: As soon as a clearance application is complete
- Estimated duration: Long Term
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Location: Washington, DC
- Pay rate: $60 + $4.54 H&W
The position will work on the following tasks with others as needed:
- Works under the direction of the Project Manager.
- For very large cases, may be directly responsible for all work in a major task area. For example, on a case involving document discovery of millions of pages, a Project Supervisor may be responsible for all document discovery/document collection activities for the case.
- For a case involving an out of town trial, a Project Supervisor may be the individual in charge of the out of town trial support center.
- Alternatively, may assist several Project Managers on a multitude of smaller cases simultaneously. For example, the Project Supervisor may be responsible for oversight of responsive/privilege review in one case, while simultaneously overseeing production of witness binders in another.
- Requires direct supervision of a variety of Contractor staff, including clerical staff and first line supervisors.
- May require frequent contact with Government COR, Case Managers, trial attorneys, client agency staff, etc., as well as with other Contractor components.
- At least two years of progressively more responsible experience on major litigation support projects, including at least one year of supervisory experience, including proven capabilities and communication skills to successfully interact with clients and attorneys.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and coordinate numerous complex and time-critical litigation support activities simultaneously, including technical/data processing support and eDiscovery activities.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of litigation support; excellent writing skills; and excellent oral communication skills.
- Must be able to anticipate litigation support needs and develop and execute detailed plans for addressing needs.
- Requires hands-on familiarity with the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, data processing environments, including office automation networks, PC-based databases and other applications, and internet and server-based databases and other applications, such as Oracle, Relativity or other document review platforms, Trial Director, etc.
- Familiarity with eDiscovery tools and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources required.
- Should be an expert user of the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheet, imaging, and hardware systems.
- Familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources required. Undergraduate degree required.
- Law degree, technical certification, or other pertinent graduate degree preferred.
- Paralegal experience helpful.
- Substantial significant experience may in some cases be substituted for degree requirement.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (active clearance preferred)
Why work with Hire Counsel?
Hire Counsel works exclusively with the legal sector and is recognized as a national leader in legal staffing. With over 32 years of experience, we are proud to have been recognized with these 2018 industry awards:
- Best Legal Staffing Provider USA (CV Magazine)
- Best Staffing Providers for Legal/Litigation Staffing (The Recorder)
- Best of Legal Recruiters (Corporate Counsel)
- Best Professional Recruiting Firms (Forbes)
- Best Executive Recruiting Firms (Forbes)
- 100 Leading Legal Consultants and Strategists (Lawdragon)
For more information about our benefits and opportunities, visit www.hirecounsel.com
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format to Please reference job code 33755 when responding to this ad.