QR Code Link to This Post
As one of the nations largest legal staffing providers, Hire Counsel is seeking experienced Senior Systems Analysts who are interested in a career supporting the Federal Government in DC.Security clearance is required and successful applicants must be willing to apply for clearance through the sub-contractor. This process can take several months.
- Anticipated start date: As soon as a clearance application is complete
- Estimated duration: Long Term
- Hours: part-time
- Location: Washington, DC
- Pay rate: Competitive Market Rate
The position will work on the following tasks with others as needed:
- Typically reports to Contractor IT Manager, to Systems Manager, or to Lead Project Manager.
- Consults with COR, Government Case Managers, and trial attorneys as to system requirements and proposed technical approach to IT needs.
- Based on information gathered from such consultations, determines system and project requirements.
- Based on definition of system requirements, designs entire system to meet those requirements.
- On smaller projects, may perform entire range of technical support, including program validations and testing, etc.
- Performs systems evaluations.
- Makes presentations of findings, recommendations, and specifications in formal reports and in oral presentations.
- Also consults with COR regarding task orders, scheduling of work, personnel assignments, priorities and progress reporting; plans, staffs, schedules and develops cost estimates for work to be performed under task orders.
- Reports on contract and task order progress.
- Directs and supervises personnel assigned to perform on task orders, ensuring conformance to work standards and ensuring that the technical design conforms to functional requirements.
- Ensures successful completion of work, timeliness of deliverables, and quality control.
- Prepares system/technical documentation.
- Works under configuration management plan.
- Performs and supervises the technical aspects of the tasks.
- Organizes and conducts user training sessions on systems developed.
- Prepares training material and training manuals on systems developed.
- This is a senior level technical position, often the most senior level technical position for all work for a particular DOJ component.
- Must demonstrate substantial, hands-on, successful experience in actually doing the work on the systems being used, usually at least five years of such experience.
- Other systems environments will require other specific sets of skills.
- Requires broad knowledge of the Government's IT environments, including office automation networks, and PC and server based databases and applications.
- Experience in a litigation support environment extremely helpful.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Supervisory experience very strongly preferred.
- Ability to lead a technical team, and to give it direction, will be very important, as will the demonstrated ability to analyze the attorneys' needs, and to design and implement a whole system solution responsive to those needs.
- Undergraduate degree strongly preferred; preferably in the computer science or information management/technology disciplines.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (active clearance preferred)
Why work with Hire Counsel?
Hire Counsel works exclusively with the legal sector and is recognized as a national leader in legal staffing. With over 32 years of experience, we are proud to have been recognized with these 2018 industry awards:
- Best Legal Staffing Provider USA (CV Magazine)
- Best Staffing Providers for Legal/Litigation Staffing (The Recorder)
- Best of Legal Recruiters (Corporate Counsel)
- Best Professional Recruiting Firms (Forbes)
- Best Executive Recruiting Firms (Forbes)
- 100 Leading Legal Consultants and Strategists (Lawdragon)
For more information about our benefits and opportunities, visit www.hirecounsel.com