I coach in Washington Dc and do travel to nearby areas. See you on the court!
- 20 years playing and taking private lessons
- 12 years of high level junior and men’s open play
- 5 years coaching
- $50 an hour
- For more than one client $40 an hour
- Package deals available
In my experience, a successful roadmap for your progression is:
- stabilize your forehand and second serve
- add backhand and continue to improve forehand and second serve
- add volleys, overheads, and first serve while improving other strokes
- learn successful strategies for singles and doubles
- learn how to construct points and when to play offensively or defensively (all things being equal, tennis is a mental game)
- hit effortlessly and avoid *stiff arming*, which is the common cause for tennis elbow injury
- strategies to play recreationally or in competitive leagues
- serve: add power, kick (topspin), and slice (sidespin) through proper racket pronation
- forehand: add pace through proper body rotation and wrist lag, add topspin using windshield motion
- backhand: one- or two-handed, add pace through proper body rotation and wrist lag, add topspin, including slice and drop shots
- approach shots: set up for volleys, add control through shortened backswing
- volleys: add depth and control, and drop volleys with relaxed grip
- overheads: add power and consistency through body rotation and proper racket pronation.
See you out on the court!
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers