The National LGBTQ Task Force builds power, takes action and creates change to achieve freedom and justice for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer people, and their families. As a progressive racial, economic, and social justice organization, the Task Force works toward a society that values and respects the diversity of human expression and identity and achieves equity for all. The Task Force has offices in Washington, D.C., New York, and Miami. More information at http://www.thetaskforce.org
Digital Fundraising Manager-Washington DC or New York
This position is a hybrid of a digital fundraising (75%) and a digital content manager (25%) role. Reporting to the Director of Communications, with a strong relationship to the Development Department, the position will be responsible for developing and implementing the Task Force's digital visibility and fundraising strategies to be executed via email, social media, website, text, and other platforms. This position will work collaboratively with teams across the organization and is a part of the Task Force bargaining unit.
Strategy and Planning
· Develop strategy for diversified digital visibility and fundraising channels, methods, and payment systems to ensure long-term growth of digital fundraising
· Develop long- and short-term digital fundraising campaigns, including rapid response and end-of-year digital fundraising
· In partnership with other members of the Communications and Development teams, develop a comprehensive plan for email list and social media audience building with the objective of raising funds
· Create and manage digital fundraising calendar/schedule across platforms (email, social, SMS, etc.)
· Act as a focal person between Fundraising, Communications, and Program teams to ensure coherence across external communications
· Lead execution of digital fundraising campaigns across all digital channels including email, social channels, paid advertising and text/messaging to meet ambitious monthly fundraising goals
· Develop digital fundraising content, lead content collection, and provide technical support for other online communications, including writing and graphic design
· Manage cultivation and stewardship of donors though digital fundraising tools and implements strategies to foster higher level giving
· Coordinate with the Membership Giving Manager, Chief Development Officer and Communications Director on strategies to establish a multi-channel approach to donor communications
· Optimize digital tools for donor engagement and conversion
· Participate in communications rapid response when the opportunities arise
Monitoring & Reporting
· Monitor digital fundraising programs, metrics for growth, and make recommendations on how to improve effectiveness
· Lead testing of digital fundraising tactics and analysis of results
· Lead reporting on all digital audiences for all platforms
• 3-5 years of experience in digital visibility and fundraising work
• Wordpress for websites, social media platforms, text platforms; the Task Force uses Luminate by Blackbaud email software- experience with that system is preferred
• Excellent writing skills and attention to details
• Digital graphic design, photography and video editing skills preferred
• Experience with Facebook and other digital advertising
• Must possess excellent organizational, time management, and planning skills.
• Ability to integrate feedback from multiple stakeholders into final product.
• Ability to work well with diverse teams of colleagues
Please submit a cover letter and resume addressing your experience relevant to these responsibilities and qualifications and describing your interest in being a member of the Task Force staff. If possible, please submit the names, affiliations and contact information for three references. Applications submitted via e-mail for this position should be directed to please write "Digital Fundraising Manager" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
The Task Force is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, personal appearance, family responsibility, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable law. Women, transgender people, veterans and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers