compensation: Based on experience employment type: contract telecommuting okay
QR Code Link to This Post
KC & Co Communications, a small but mighty marketing and PR agency based in Washington, DC, is looking for a bright, resourceful and entrepreneurial Communications Manager to join our team. We work with local, national and multinational clients within the tech, real estate, lifestyle and political arenas to drive goal-oriented and creative communications solutions. The Communications Manager will assist the Founder with managing the day-to-day projects across all client groups. Additionally, they will work closely with the Founder and consultants to develop thoughtful and data driven strategies spanning public relations and digital marketing (social media, email marketing, PPC and more). While work can be completed remotely, the Communications Manager will be expected to meet weekly in person and attend client meetings/events, as needed.
Requirements & Responsibilities
- At least 1-3 years of communications experience. However, qualified and motivated recent grads are encouraged to apply
- Bachelors in Communications, Marketing or similar background
- Experience in a client-facing role, juggling multiple priorities, deadlines and personalities
- Genuine interest in KC & Co client sectors (tech, real estate and lifestyle)
- Project management experience preferred
- Proactive and takes initiative, whether in asking questions, soliciting feedback or making suggestions
- Takes ownership over tasks and deadlines
- Responsible for the management of the day-to-day projects across all client accounts, including external consultants
- Assistance with the development of strategic and tactical plans for clients
- Actively participates in strategy sessions and client phone calls.
- Identifies client goals to make sure they are properly tracked and the proper channels are being utilized to meet them
- Assistance with public relations efforts for clients, including but not limited to media outreach and brand partnership development
- Assistance with the strategic development and execution of digital marketing efforts, including social media content development (paid and organic), email marketing and PPC campaigns
- Onsite support for select client events
- Regular reporting using Google Analytics, Sprout Social and other tools as needed.
The Communications Manager will be paid on a monthly basis. We want to ensure this position is a good fit for everyone - so while this will be part-time to start, we anticipate that it will become full time by mid-June. The competitive initial hourly rate will be based on experience.
Interested? Send your resume and a brief cover letter (no more than one page) detailing your previous experience and why you're interested in the role! Look forward to hearing from you.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers